ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavin_IT

Previous earnings

Post by bhavin_IT » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:41 am

Hi,

I am in usa and i am looking to apply for Tier-1 visa. I am having a question regarding points on previous earnings. I am working since april 1st, 2008 till February 2009. I had a gap of two months in between this period. And i just finished a contract with my employer so i am not working anymore for now. If i apply for tier 1 visa on June 2009, can i show whatever i earned from April 1st, 2008 to Feb 2009 with 2 months gap.

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Previous earnings

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 am

bhavin_IT wrote:Hi,

I am in usa and i am looking to apply for Tier-1 visa. I am having a question regarding points on previous earnings. I am working since april 1st, 2008 till February 2009. I had a gap of two months in between this period. And i just finished a contract with my employer so i am not working anymore for now. If i apply for tier 1 visa on June 2009, can i show whatever i earned from April 1st, 2008 to Feb 2009 with 2 months gap.

Thanks in advance.
Whenever you apply, you can show a max of 12months earnings in the last 15months with any no of gaps... just u need to see that u have the required earnings band to qualify..

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm sorry tvn_ramesh but the 12 months have to be any consequtive 12 months in the last 15 months from the date of application.

Please read the copy-pasted extract from the guidance notes from home office:

The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months only in very limited circumstances. These are if the applicant can show that he/she has been:

- away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months because of full-time study (initial applications only); or

- is currently in full-time study; or

- has finished a full-time course within the 12 months immediately before his/her application.

bhavin_IT please download & read this

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:51 pm

tapindersingh wrote:I'm sorry tvn_ramesh but the 12 months have to be any consequtive 12 months in the last 15 months from the date of application.

Please read the copy-pasted extract from the guidance notes from home office:

The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months only in very limited circumstances. These are if the applicant can show that he/she has been:

- away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months because of full-time study (initial applications only); or

- is currently in full-time study; or

- has finished a full-time course within the 12 months immediately before his/her application.

bhavin_IT please download & read this
You are right Tapinder... please add consecutive to my sentence..

Whenever you apply, you can show a max of Consecutive 12months earnings in the last 15months with any no of gaps... just u need to see that u have the required earnings band to qualify..