ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund dates query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

R053992

Maintenance Fund dates query

Post by R053992 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:42 am

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if dates are as per requirement for someone applying at VFS B'lore tomorrow. The maintenance funds letter from the bank is dated as follows:

From 26-Nov-08 to 25-feb-09

Is this good, or the end date has to be 26-Feb ?

Thanks
Sid

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi,

I need to submit my application for Tier I (HSMP) extension on 16/03/09.

I had a query regarding the documents for maintenance funds, I have submitted.

Can I show the funds in Cash ISA account?
Do you require a letter from the bank stating that the amount in the bank can be withdrawn at any given time or a three months statement is sufficient enough?

Please help!!!!!!!!

dingdon

Re: Maintenance Fund dates query

Post by dingdon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:01 am

R053992 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if dates are as per requirement for someone applying at VFS B'lore tomorrow. The maintenance funds letter from the bank is dated as follows:

From 26-Nov-08 to 25-feb-09

Is this good, or the end date has to be 26-Feb ?

Thanks
Sid
i suggest you to wait for till feb end as there is bit confusion on how they caliculate the month.
dont take any risk for 3 days.
i remeber some ones application got rejected for this. hence i suggest you for not to take any risk and wait for another 3 days (till Feb completes)
and then obtain the letter from the bank.

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm

I second dingdon's opinion..Its always better to be on the safer side for things like this which're really scrutinized & done.

If you think you had already got the letter from the bank etc., just get another one after a week & then apply.

Remember, surplus of a few days / weeks maintanance is always better, generally & physchologically(!) ; as the scrutiny is again done by humans who can be influenced by their gut feelings when see an application on the edge...

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:15 pm

morjeker wrote: Can I show the funds in Cash ISA account?
Do you require a letter from the bank stating that the amount in the bank can be withdrawn at any given time or a three months statement is sufficient enough?

Please help!!!!!!!!
Well, not sure what is an ISA account..But can confirm fixed deposits & similar instruments are a strict No-No .