ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:19 pm

opengl wrote:It is so difficult to understand the logic. 2006 waiting 2007 approved.
Let's make it more interesting... :( :roll:
2004 waiting for decision
2005 waiting for decision
2006 waiting for decision
2007 approved
2008 about to be approved

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Persol wrote:A friend of mine applied on Dec 07. His solicitor sued the Minister in High court for the delay in processing his client's citizenship application and won the case. So the Minister had to approve my friend's application and pay his solicitors fees and expenses.
Isn't this gas!
Persol,
Is this for real? Very interesting...please send us a web link :lol:

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 pm

A friend of mine applied on Dec 07. His solicitor sued the Minister in High court for the delay in processing his client's citizenship application and won the case. So the Minister had to approve my friend's application and pay his solicitors fees and expenses.
Isn't this gas!
I have applied on Sept 07, no word so far... waiting line for the link?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 am

justalad wrote:
Aceform wrote:justalad,

Many thanks for the updates. Congratulations to you both on getting the cert.

Could you please clarify on the Dole Payment Declaration? what is this exactly.

Cheers,
Ace
Ace,

Sorry declaration was the wrong word. The letter requesting additional documents stated "In addition I would be obliged if you could submit a statement from you local Department of Social and Family Affairs Office outlining claims, if any, made by you over the last 5 years". Because I have not made any claims I just send them a cover letter with all the other documents requested and signed by me stating that I have not made any claims from the Department of Social and Family Affairs Office.

Hope this answers your question.

jastalad
It does. Thanks again.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:51 am

tom4 wrote:
Dublin1 wrote:The guy who is updating the website was there too, and I asked him to change and put newer news, rahter than the one wich is there since xthmas :)
Wouldn't it be a great idea if there was the facility to enter your 68 number and some other identifying info and see online what is happening with your application? Can't be too hard, surely. It would cut the number of phone calls too.
Canada has a system that allows you to do this. :) Oh and by the way, they only take 4 months to process your application. :)

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:15 pm

IrelandHopeful wrote:
opengl wrote:It is so difficult to understand the logic. 2006 waiting 2007 approved.
2007 approved
Yes this doesn't make any sense , but ball is in their hands...you know what I mean..
I got approval of my application after 24 months , in other hand my friend's
application was approved with in 15 -16 months , so its just pure luck ..

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm

FAQ wrote:... ball is in their hands...you know what I mean...
I know exactly what you mean.
And if the ball spent a little less time in their hands they might be able to get some work done! :lol:

crown

Post by crown » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:05 pm

FAQ wrote:
IrelandHopeful wrote:
2007 approved
Yes this doesn't make any sense , but ball is in their hands...you know what I mean..
I got approval of my application after 24 months , in other hand my friend's
application was approved with in 15 -16 months , so its just pure luck ..
Why would you run a system and base it on luck? No transperency. No organisation.............Very unfair

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm

The INIS website has been updated

1) Applications for naturalisation received in mid 2007 are currently being processed

2) NATURALISATION APPLICATION FORMS HAVE CHANGED SINCE JANUARY 2009.
FROM 1 MARCH 2009 YOU MUST USE THE NEW VERSION OF THE FORM TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE OLD FORM AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE RETURNED.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR BIRTH, MARRIAGE AND/OR DIVORCE CERTIFICATES WITH YOUR APPLICATION.

see http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:06 pm

There are also new leaflets available!!

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

INIS website:
"There are currently 16,771 applications for naturalisation with the Citizenship Division of the Department that are still awaiting a decision. The number of applications which were made more than 18 months ago is 7,065 and of these 41% (2923) are on hold awaiting a response from the applicant and 47% (3,306) are awaiting a response from other statutory bodies as part of the normal applications checking process."

If there are that many that are that old, they must be processing a truckload of applications from much more recently to arrive at an average of 23 months, as we have seen from the input from the 2007 crowd and from the INIS website itself "Applications for naturalisation received in mid 2007 are currently being processed".
Maybe some of you are better at statistics than me, so analyse these figures if you are so inclined.

I notice that lately they seem to have dropped their claim that they are processed in chronological order.

I'm just bitter because mine has so far taken more like 33 months :cry:

crown

Post by crown » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 pm

tom4 wrote:INIS website:
"There are currently 16,771 applications for naturalisation with the Citizenship Division of the Department that are still awaiting a decision. The number of applications which were made more than 18 months ago is 7,065 and of these 41% (2923) are on hold awaiting a response from the applicant and 47% (3,306) are awaiting a response from other statutory bodies as part of the normal applications checking process."

If there are that many that are that old, they must be processing a truckload of applications from much more recently to arrive at an average of 23 months, as we have seen from the input from the 2007 crowd and from the INIS website itself "Applications for naturalisation received in mid 2007 are currently being processed".
Maybe some of you are better at statistics than me, so analyse these figures if you are so inclined.

I notice that lately they seem to have dropped their claim that they are processed in chronological order.

You are not alone Quite disappointing I do not think DOJ follows a chronological order I hate to say this - they must follow an order known only them It might be nationality, amount of tax paid in total, mode of initial residence [Irish born child, work permit, married to Irish] and other factors (not mentioned in public) I cant mention here I am beginning to see a pattern from those given quickly Though not absolute

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Fionn wrote:The INIS website has been updated

1) Applications for naturalisation received in mid 2007 are currently being processed

2) NATURALISATION APPLICATION FORMS HAVE CHANGED SINCE JANUARY 2009.
FROM 1 MARCH 2009 YOU MUST USE THE NEW VERSION OF THE FORM TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE OLD FORM AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE RETURNED.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR BIRTH, MARRIAGE AND/OR DIVORCE CERTIFICATES WITH YOUR APPLICATION.

see http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section
heehheheh so the guy who do the update, listned to my comments, he siad he will check it, but didn't think , it will be that fast.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 pm

crown wrote:

You are not alone Quite disappointing I do not think DOJ follows a chronological order I hate to say this - they must follow an order known only them It might be nationality, amount of tax paid in total, mode of initial residence [Irish born child, work permit, married to Irish] and other factors (not mentioned in public) I cant mention here I am beginning to see a pattern from those given quickly Though not absolute
Again I raised this issue with one fo the guys during the course :) and his answer was it depends if ur application is IN Dublin or in Tipperary.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 pm

My application has taken already 35 months and I know they're not expecting any documents from me.

:shock:

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:My application has taken already 35 months and I know they're not expecting any documents from me.

u must be Dublin office application

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:My application has taken already 35 months and I know they're not expecting any documents from me.

Just for the craic of it... :lol:
I think the Dublin staff should attend some training on work performance and time management, or just simply be "overhauled" :wink:
The more you think about them 'oirish guys in the DOJ', the more depressed you get. Why do we need additional depressants with this already depressed economy. :cry:
Mine is over 45 months, no outstanding docs & no decision, just "mumbo jumbo" whenever I ask for updates, duh... :roll:

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 pm

House, I have a few questions or 'no brainers'...

The DOJ is the 'custodian & arbiter' of Irish Law, Equality & Justice. Therefore shouldn't the dept practice what they preach and be answerable to the law?

Is it only in Ireland that citizenship is a priviledge & not a right? Is this the same in other parts of the developed world like UK, Canada, Australia.

When 'all things' are equal in an application (I mean all requirements are met, including good behaviour), does the DOJ have the right to put a hold on applications 'forever', when in actual fact they are masking their own administrative incompetences i.e. the glaring variance in the rates that Dublin & Tipperary applications are processed is an absolute disgrace. (Dublin processes applications made in 2005 and before, while Tipperary processes 2006 and beyond).

Do we have a recourse to the law in such instances

If there are that many that are that old, they must be processing a truckload of applications from much more recently to arrive at an average of 23 months...

Forget all the political mumbo jumbo about average processing time, it's all 'bullXXXX'

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:50 am

tom4 wrote:
FAQ wrote:... ball is in their hands...you know what I mean...
I know exactly what you mean.
And if the ball spent a little less time in their hands they might be able to get some work done! :lol:
Thats right ...this is very interesting matter some one here on forum, he applied 45 months...ago and still no result...

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 am

tom4 wrote: I notice that lately they seem to have dropped their claim that they are processed in chronological order.
The Minister still maintains that they deal with applications "chronologically", see a PQ below. Which proves, as we all know anyway, that he wouldn't even blink lying through his teeth. Well, he wouldn't blink about 23 month either. Do you pepople find it really ironic, that an organisation called "department of justice and equality" will be the one to treat people so grossly unfair and unjust! I personally find it sickening... And the really bitter part is that we can't complain anywhere about it.
Dermot Ahern wrote: 627. Deputy Leo Varadkar Information Zoom asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform Information Zoom the order in which applications for naturalisation are dealt with; if any cases are being expedited; the basis on which this is done; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1259/09]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): Information Zoom Applications for certificates of naturalisation are dealt with in chronological order as this is deemed to be the fairest system for all applicants. Certain categories of applicant receive a faster decision as their cases are less complex and require less processing and assessment. These include refugees, spouses of Irish citizens and applications made on behalf of minors. In exceptional circumstances, I may expedite a decision on an application. Each application is assessed individually.

The average processing time from application to decision is now 23 months. More complicated cases can at times take considerably more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that timescale. There is a limit to the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:55 am

Wouldn't it be great to complain to someone, say to the Ombudsman and, hopefully see the justice served upon the Minister and his haunted INIS chiefs, it may be too late for our own cases, but at least other people wouldn't feel so bitter..
Office of the Ombudsman -Submission to the Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women, Rights wrote:Section 5(1)(e)(i) of the Ombudsman Act 1980 provides that the Ombudsman shall not investigate actions taken in the "...administration of the law relating to aliens or naturalisation...". The Ombudsman is one of the few Ombudsmen in Europe whose jurisdiction is restricted in this way. The Ombudsman, Emily O'Reilly, considers that the restriction is unwarranted and that the full range of administrative actions in this area should be subject to investigation by her in accordance with the terms of the Act.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:21 am

Dublin1 wrote:

Nope, I have been receiving letters from the Tipperary office since Sept 08.

LP

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:24 pm

I am saying maybe , the Tipp letter is authorized one of the default one, as we all call Tipp for all questions.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:48 pm

See these two naturalisation related articles.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/let ... 93844.html

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/idojojcwid/

And then they expect us to integrate us with the society.

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Heybabyy wrote:See these two naturalisation related articles.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/let ... 93844.html

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/idojojcwid/

And then they expect us to integrate us with the society.
I don't see a citizenship issue in the second article???