ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal based on date of last transaction??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

Refusal based on date of last transaction??

Post by kwezbaba » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:06 am

I've just received a refusal notice on the grounds that i have not met the maintenance requirement. i quote

"your funds rise above £800 on 21 October 2008. A full three month period would run from this day to 20th January 2009 but your statements only run to 19th January 2009".

Fair enough.

Only problem is my statements, from my online account, are dated 20th January 2009 and 19th January 2009 was the date of the last transaction on the account.

I plan to appeal this decision, is there anything i should know? any advice is welcome.

waltersky
Newly Registered

Post by waltersky » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:54 am

When did u apply and when did you receive your passport?

Victory
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal based on date of last transaction??

Post by Victory » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 pm

kwezbaba wrote:I've just received a refusal notice on the grounds that i have not met the maintenance requirement. i quote

"your funds rise above £800 on 21 October 2008. A full three month period would run from this day to 20th January 2009 but your statements only run to 19th January 2009".

Fair enough.

Only problem is my statements, from my online account, are dated 20th January 2009 and 19th January 2009 was the date of the last transaction on the account.

I plan to appeal this decision, is there anything i should know? any advice is welcome.
hey, i've got the same situation, i appealed and waiting for the hearing

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi mate,please answer the following questions.1.when did you apply?2.when have you received the refusal letter from HO? 3.which bank was it?4.Did you take the printout from the bank or you received the statement by post?If you take the printout from the branch it always displays the date when you actually took the printout e.g. Balance on 12th of Nov £800. Printed 30/11/2008.It does mean your balance is £800 until 30th Nov.

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

Post by kwezbaba » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:04 am

i applied on 21st January and received my passport on 28th february. the statement was an online statement printed and stamped at the bank with a covering letter all dated 20th january. it shows the last entry to be on the 19th of january, the date of the last transaction.

If it wasnt so frustrating, the logic of the refusal would actually be amusing. Lets say i paid £800 into an account say on 21st october and without having any transactions on the account, printed a statement 5, 10 or 20 years later. the last entry would still be 21st october and apparently this is the date that the home office will use.

hasil
Newly Registered

Hey

Post by hasil » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 am

the time of the application is the date of your posting. THe bank statement required is from the date of posting to 3 months backwards.

Doesnt matter wat the last transaction is, the relevant figure is the balance. Therefore as long as u can show this, u r home and dry.

PM me if u need more help

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

Post by kwezbaba » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 pm

i applied on 21st January and received my passport on 28th february. the statement was an online statement printed and stamped at the bank with a covering letter all dated 20th january. it shows the last entry to be on the 19th of january, the date of the last transaction.

If it wasnt so frustrating, the logic of the refusal would actually be amusing. Lets say i paid £800 into an account say on 21st october and without having any transactions on the account, printed a statement 5, 10 or 20 years later. the last entry would still be 21st october and apparently this is the date that the home office will use.