ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Visa due for renewal in December 2009. How early ...?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

Tier1 Visa due for renewal in December 2009. How early ...?

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Guys,

My wife's Tier1 visa is due for renewal in December 2009. I would like to know how early can she apply for a Tier1 renewal with the home office? Can she apply for 3 to 4 months in advance? I mean can she apply by August 2009? or should we wait till december 2009?

Can anybody share their inputs?
thanks in advance

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

The guidelines generall recommend applying 4-6 weeks before the expiry of the visa. If you have extenuating circumstances, e.g. a trip abroad planned in November '09, then you can still apply early providing you justify your reasons for doing so.

That would be the general opinion, although I have heard one or two members of this forum applying early and without such extenuating circumstances, and still being granted their extension. I personally would not risk it though.

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 am

drjabberwocky23 wrote:The guidelines generall recommend applying 4-6 weeks before the expiry of the visa. If you have extenuating circumstances, e.g. a trip abroad planned in November '09, then you can still apply early providing you justify your reasons for doing so.

That would be the general opinion, although I have heard one or two members of this forum applying early and without such extenuating circumstances, and still being granted their extension. I personally would not risk it though.
Thanks for your respone. Appreciate the same.

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Visa due for renewal in December 2009. How early .

Post by slugmeister » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Sandip_in_Uk wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife's Tier1 visa is due for renewal in December 2009. I would like to know how early can she apply for a Tier1 renewal with the home office? Can she apply for 3 to 4 months in advance? I mean can she apply by August 2009? or should we wait till december 2009?
It's good to see people preparing in advance!

Just out of curiosity, for how long was your wife's Tier 1 issued?

I'm curious because I thought Tier 1 was just started last year. Seems strange that the renewals are coming up already.

Cheers,
Ana

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:26 pm

slugmeister wrote:

I'm curious because I thought Tier 1 was just started last year. Seems strange that the renewals are coming up already.

Cheers,
Ana
Hi Ana,

I assume the original poster means that his wife's HSMP is due for renewal/extension under the provisions of Tier 1 (G). I believe that the original award is for 2 years.

BW

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:31 am

slugmeister wrote:

Cheers,
Ana
Hi Ana,

My wife's got her visa in December 2007 for 2 years which is due for renewal in december 2009. I am not sure if its still called HSMP or Tier1. Things keep changing so often its not very clear :-)

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 am

I can't see any guidelines that is stopping you from applying early. My visa expires on October 09 however I am planning to apply in the first week of Feb.

Cheers
PG

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Has anyone done it ?

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 pm

I am in similar situation (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

Thanks