ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Salary slips - from hsmp to Teir1(extension)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

About Salary slips - from hsmp to Teir1(extension)

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:07 am

Good morning All,

I have teir1 question, my HSMP visa will expire in sep 2009 and i have to extend in switiching to teir1. To be on safe side, i am thinking to apply 12-13 month as i have enough points to qualify, therefore my questions are

1. Can i apply early 11-12 month before?

2. I joined this company in decmeber 2007, and if i apply in september 2008, this will only make 9 months (dec 07 - aug 08). therefore i only have salary slips for these 9 months and i do not have payslips for 3 months,(Guideline says you should have 12 months payslip) but i am qualifying enough points because of my salary. So, can i still apply using
only 9 months slips?

3. My wife is dependant and and her visa will also expire on sep 2009(the exact expiry date which is on my passport), i want to send her back to my country for some reason, what if i apply alone, as i cannot apply for her, she would not be here. Is it like her leave to remain on her passport will automatically void if i apply here for teir1 and not for her. Please suggest

Thank you very much

jagacharaja

Re: About Salary slips - from hsmp to Teir1(extension)

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:46 pm

jimmymcad wrote:2. I joined this company in decmeber 2007, and if i apply in september 2008, this will only make 9 months (dec 07 - aug 08). therefore i only have salary slips for these 9 months and i do not have payslips for 3 months,(Guideline says you should have 12 months payslip) but i am qualifying enough points because of my salary. So, can i still apply using
only 9 months slips?
Para 83 on the guidelines doc http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... idance.pdf

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Thank you very much but have a doubt still, does it mean "shall i apply with 9 months payslip only and mention in the cover letter only" ?

Also, if you can address my other queries,

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm

1. As per HSMP guidance notes (the following is taken from ver 04/06):
53. If you are a Highly Skilled Migrant you will, in the last month before the end of that period, be able to apply for permission to stay for an additional three years under HSMP.
See How can I extend my stay as a highly skilled migrant?. And, reading this might also be useful.

2. As suggested above.

3. Even if you are allowed to extend now instead of in Sep 2009 and choose to do so, your spouse's current visa will remain valid until the date of expiry. If she returns to UK before the expiry of current leave, she can then apply for extension from within UK. On the hand, if her current leave expires while she is still in the home country, she can apply for EC from there (on basis of your new leave).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Has anyone done it ?

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi there

I am in a situation (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

Thanks