ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Extension from HSMP to Tier 1 (IN COUNTRY UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Extension from HSMP to Tier 1 (IN COUNTRY UK)

Post by rkrohela » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Hello Friends,

This is for those who are wondering if early applications for extension is possible.

I have received official replies from the Homeoffice which confirm:

1) Extension can be applied anytime before expiry of current leave subject to meeting the criteria.
2) If approved, the visa will be granted with immediate effect, and not be postdated under any circumstances.

Hope this allays the queries of some people!
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi,

Can you please share the query & reply after removing your personal details, I called them and they confirmed that you can apply for early extension only if you have valid reason and you will get the extension visa from your current expiry date.

e.g if your visa is expiring in Oct 2009 your new visa will be for 3 years (if you are in HSMP post Dec 2006) and will be valid till Oct 2012.

Regards,
Tipu

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Extension: official reply from UKBA

Post by rkrohela » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 am

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry.
Please be advised that you can apply for an extension at anytime before your current visa expire provided that you meet the immigration requirement under the rules.
Yours faithfully,
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your further enquiry.

The UK Border Agency can confirm that if granted, the visa will be valid
from the date it is approved.

Yours faithfully,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all
the information from your original enquiry.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 05 February 2009 09:30
To: IND Public Enquiries

- Hide quoted text -
Subject: Re: Regarding extenstion of leave to remain under Tier 1 for
existing HSMP Holder: early application

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the prompt reply regarding the extension from HSMP to Tier 1.

I had another query, if I apply a few months early for extension, will
the new visa be applicable from the expiry date of the current visa or
will it be stamped from a date immediately following the date of
application?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

aarti211
Newly Registered

HSMP to TIER 1 extension

Post by aarti211 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi,

My HSMP is expiring in NOv 2009 and I am wondering if i can apply for extension in now.

Arti

aaammmiii

Re: Early Extension from HSMP to Tier 1 (IN COUNTRY UK)

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:16 pm

rkrohela wrote:Hello Friends,

This is for those who are wondering if early applications for extension is possible.

I have received official replies from the Homeoffice which confirm:

1) Extension can be applied anytime before expiry of current leave subject to meeting the criteria.
2) If approved, the visa will be granted with immediate effect, and not be postdated under any circumstances.

Hope this allays the queries of some people!
Thanks for confirming it Rohit very much appreciate that.

About the Maintenance funds, can I show more than 1 account for it (as in the sum of the daily balance satisfies the minimum balance criteria).
Does the 3 month period considered is Calender months (as in 1st of the month to the end of the 3rd month) or it depends on the statement date (as in if the statement period is from 15 th day of Jan 2009 to15April 2009).

inlondon2005

I made another thread for this but asking same question

Post by inlondon2005 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Friends,

Just want to ask you a very simple question as my HSMP first extension is due (visa expires in 20th December 2009 can I apply between 20th September to 27th September 2009? if yes then HO don't want any explanation for applying so early. the reason is I want to claim my age points.

Note one thing the decision time will be 3 to 6 weeks. let suppose visa extension granted in 3 to 6 weeks time the visa will be 3 years and the remaining period of 2+3 HSMP one time extension criteria then ILR or 1 month will be covered by another HSMP extension as per criteria on year of application? hope one can understand early extensions senarios.

Waiting for your valuable consulting reply.

Thank you in advance.

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Has anyone done it ?

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi there

I am in a situation where (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

Thanks

dextar

Post by dextar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:36 pm

I am completely agree with rkrohela.

I know one case where my friend applied for HSMP extention almost six monhts earlier because of he was loosing point of age. He got his extention for remaing three years. Furthermore, he also asked HO first and HO replied that yes you can apply for extention as soon as you can qualify.

So, bottom line is, you can apply for extention as soon as you qualify for extention and you will be granted visa for remaining period which you need to reach ILR, this may be 2 year if you first leave was 3 year and it may be 3 years if your first leave was 2 years.

dextar

Re: Early Extension from HSMP to Tier 1 (IN COUNTRY UK)

Post by dextar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:41 pm

About the Maintenance funds, can I show more than 1 account for it (as in the sum of the daily balance satisfies the minimum balance criteria).
Does the 3 month period considered is Calender months (as in 1st of the month to the end of the 3rd month) or it depends on the statement date (as in if the statement period is from 15 th day of Jan 2009 to15April 2009).
HO counts the period as calendar month, you can find this informtion somwhere on the website or in guidence notes. But you need to clearly mention this period in cover letter. Its also worth to mention the minimum amount you are mainting your balance, specially if you are using more than one account just to facilitate case worker.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I contacted HO for the same reason . I have to apply for extension becouse of these B"*it changes which are due in April. I got following reply via email.
"We recommend that applicants submit an application for an extension around 5 weeks before their visa expires, however, this is not mandatory – applications can be submitted at any time before the current leave expires.
If your application is successful, you will be granted a maximum of three years leave to remain in the UK from the date your application has been processed. During this time, you can seek employment without a sponsor or set up a business in the UK. You will not be able to take employment as a doctor in training, unless you previously held leave to enter or remain in the UK as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Postgraduate Doctor/Dentist, Innovator or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and you were not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training."

I think its quite ok provided you get all points.

Hope this helps.

God save us from these samboosh immigration system