ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLZ HELP OVERDRAFT PROBLEM

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

overdraft
Newly Registered

PLZ HELP OVERDRAFT PROBLEM

Post by overdraft » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Dear members,

Please help me as i am very confused about my bank statements, I am applying for Tier1 visa very soon and i have maintained a bank account for Maintaince requirements which shows £3000 for last 5 months, But my other bank account proving my previous earnings is in overdraft of -£800 almost for 5 months, IS THIS going to affect me in negative way or rejecton....if someone got any similar sort of experience plz reply and help me---------------------------A distressed Soul

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:25 pm

thats perfectly fine, there should be no problem.

Good luck!

push
United Kingdom

Re: PLZ HELP OVERDRAFT PROBLEM

Post by push » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 am

overdraft wrote:Dear members,

Please help me as i am very confused about my bank statements, I am applying for Tier1 visa very soon and i have maintained a bank account for Maintaince requirements which shows £3000 for last 5 months, But my other bank account proving my previous earnings is in overdraft of -£800 almost for 5 months, IS THIS going to affect me in negative way or rejecton....if someone got any similar sort of experience plz reply and help me---------------------------A distressed Soul
That should not be a problem
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tk79
Newly Registered

Post by tk79 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm

push_hsmp wrote:

That should not be a problem
Im not sure guys, im in the same boat and after doing some research it seems some ppl in the same situation get approved while others get rejected. Have a look at the thread below, one of the guys (ashok_pandey) got rejected even though he had separate accounts for income (went into overdraft) and savings.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =overdraft

Edo

Post by Edo » Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 pm

I am in almost the same situation and I had doubts about it so after a little thought I have decided to make use of that 12 out of 15 months principle for previous income. This is what I am going to do:

Since I do have £800 in a Savings account, but my Current account (where my salary goes into) is always overdrawn, it can be risky to produce the Current account statement. So what I am going to do is that I will produce statements from both of the accounts with my application. The Savings statement will be most up to date and will prove that I have maintenance funds available.

Then I'll also provide them with the (wage slips and) Current account statement but that statement will be just to prove salary transactions over 12 months (I have been working in the same job for more than a year on IGS/PSW).

I'll be making an in-person in June so I will use income earned between April 08 - March 09, so my Current account statement will be just until March 09. For an application made in June, the above period does fall within previous 15 months so I'm safe. The caseworker cannot just 'presume' that my Current account is still overdrawn without seeing my Current account statements after March 09. And if s/he asks me about the current status of my account then you know what I am going to say :lol: