ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldhill
Newly Registered

Post by goldhill » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Guys

After chasing HO call centre for 3 days and tired of listing to the following of responses 'Your application under consideration', on 24th and 25th
'Your application is at the final stage of processing' on 26th
Your application has been already processed' on 27th morning and finally
towards the evening 'Your documents are dispatched' .........

rgds

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Good luck to you.... please keep us update.....

goldhill wrote:Guys

After chasing HO call centre for 3 days and tired of listing to the following of responses 'Your application under consideration', on 24th and 25th

rgds
Last edited by T_mahmood on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking low is crime....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:15 pm

rgds
Goodluck Goldhill.. Hope you will receive ur docs with good news soon...

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm

deepsam wrote:I faxed and emailed the details today ... how did you get to know that they have recieved and started working on it ?? do the case worker calls ??

I called at HO the status is still awaiting consideration ....
Case worker call me after one week of sending letter. Why you need urgent treatment anyway? They will not call you if they are unable to process your application for some other reason.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:38 pm

From the UKBA Website:

This page gives details of the processing time for applications made under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.

During the week commencing 2 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 17 February 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

Please be aware that the customer contact centre is currently experiencing very high call demand and therefore you may experience difficulties in contacting us. We apologise for this and for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Looks like their speed of processing just increased. Last week they were only considering applications made on or before the 18th of January.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote: During the week commencing 2 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 17 February 2009.

Looks like their speed of processing just increased.
Hi DrJabber.. nice to see you back..

Dont you think this can also be a typical TYPO.. like they kept on doing the year 2008 till last-but week??

But on the other way, this looks for real as they might be trying to close the cases before the NEW RULE starts from April and there can be soon a CUT-OFF time announced.. if this is REAL-real again..

Anyway.. Guys wish you all Goodluck who are expecting their passports with pure GOOD News... Please update here..

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote: During the week commencing 2 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 17 February 2009.

Looks like their speed of processing just increased.
Hi DrJabber.. nice to see you back..

Dont you think this can also be a typical TYPO.. like they kept on doing the year 2008 till last-but week??

But on the other way, this looks for real as they might be trying to close the cases before the NEW RULE starts from April and there can be soon a CUT-OFF time announced.. if this is REAL-real again..

Anyway.. Guys wish you all Goodluck who are expecting their passports with pure GOOD News... Please update here..
Ditto Ramesh.

I don't think it's a typo, because it would not make sense for them to say 17th January, as it was up to 19th January last week. Also, if the number is wrong, then surely they won't make two glaring mistakes in getting both the date and month wrong?

I think the point reagrding closing cases is very real though. I also though this was like a clearance sale before they close down before the new rules get introduced.

deepsam
Newly Registered

Post by deepsam » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 pm

[quote="m_kamran"][quote="deepsam"]I faxed and emailed the details today ... how did you get to know that they have recieved and started working on it ?? do the case worker calls ??

I called at HO the status is still awaiting consideration ....[/quote]

Case worker call me after one week of sending letter. Why you need urgent treatment anyway? They will not call you if they are unable to process your application for some other reason.[/quote]

Hi m_kamran

Its my cousin's weddin on 5th march, we had booked tickets for 28th feb which now we have cancelled ... we sent them wedding card and tickets ... what was your reason for urgent treatment?

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 pm

deepsam wrote:
m_kamran wrote:
deepsam wrote:I faxed and emailed the details today ... how did you get to know that they have recieved and started working on it ?? do the case worker calls ??

I called at HO the status is still awaiting consideration ....
Case worker call me after one week of sending letter. Why you need urgent treatment anyway? They will not call you if they are unable to process your application for some other reason.

Hi m_kamran

Its my cousin's weddin on 5th march, we had booked tickets for 28th feb which now we have cancelled ... we sent them wedding card and tickets ... what was your reason for urgent treatment?
I am getting married 20th March. But as I told you before that all verification was done in my case and after that case worker call me. He simply said that you will get your document sometime next week.

If any of your evidence is not confirmed yet then they will never process your case. I think you need to make a choice now between your visa and cousin weeding.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:I also though this was like a clearance sale before they close down before the new rules get introduced.
:P :lol: ,

that is a good one... hope the HO will give more positive responses on the pending cases before the new rule is out...

deepsam
Newly Registered

Post by deepsam » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi m_kamran

Yes we have already thought about it. We really dont expect that they will send us the documents back until all verification is complete. But atleast by showing valid UT, i just want to make them atleast look at my case since from past 2weeks status i hear is just awating consideration or awating further consideration or under consideration that too these statuses change at random and cant get any logic behind it.

Rest is all upto them.Ofcourse we have kind of prepared ourselves to skip my cousins wedding.

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 pm

deepsam wrote:Hi m_kamran

Yes we have already thought about it. We really dont expect that they will send us the documents back until all verification is complete. But atleast by showing valid UT, i just want to make them atleast look at my case since from past 2weeks status i hear is just awating consideration or awating further consideration or under consideration that too these statuses change at random and cant get any logic behind it.

Rest is all upto them.Ofcourse we have kind of prepared ourselves to skip my cousins wedding.
They do consider UT letter but I have no idea that what reason is make them doing thing urgently. Case worker told me that I will get my paper by Tuesday but call centre still saying that case is under consideration. I dont thing they have any robust system.

goldhill
Newly Registered

Post by goldhill » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Guys

I have got my Visa approved for next 3 years (2 dependents)

Timelines

Application sent : 14-Jan-09
Recd by HO : 15-Jan-09
Visa approved : 24-Feb-09
PP recd on : 28-Feb-09

Thank you everyone here for all the support and hope all you guys will hear good news soon....

rgds

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Congrats Goldhill...

Lets hope for the best for the days to come...

Great news from HO with regards to updating waiting times...lets hope they actually put into pratice....lol

Good luck n God bless.

Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Has anyone done it ?

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi there

I am in a situation where (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

Thanks
shub

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Timelines

Thank you everyone here for all the support and hope all you guys will hear good news soon....

rgds
CONGRATS Goldhill... that's really a great news.. wish you all the best for future..

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:19 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Timelines

rgds
CONGRATS Goldhill... that's really a great news.. wish you all the best for future..
tvn_ramesh,

Please update your case too, once you have something.

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:40 am

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread since I submitted my application i.e. 9th Feb 2009, IGS -> Tier1 (General). I've just re-checked waiting time on UKBA site and its still saying: -
During the week commencing 2 March 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 17 February 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.
I thought that may be the mistake and they correct this on Monday which is today but they did not. So, should I expect that they will look at my application any time during this week as they received it on 10th Feb 2009 or will they put in queue to process?

Thanks

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 am

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread since I submitted my application i.e. 9th Feb 2009, IGS -> Tier1 (General). I've just re-checked waiting time on UKBA site and its still saying: -
Quote:

I thought that may be the mistake and they correct this on Monday which is today but they did not. So, should I expect that they will look at my application any time during this week as they received it on 10th Feb 2009 or will they put in queue to process?

Noticed that too. I think it's a mistake but no one at HO has noticed. PSW visas which are usually quicker than tier 1 general are still being dealt with from Feb 5 submissions. Do we think they have suddenly become super-efficient and done three weeks of work in a hurry??? I wish!

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am

Maybe they have just returned from their holidays :-)
PM

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 am

Folks,

Atlast my application was processed after 7 weeks.
Just called HO and confirmed that my package is on its way.

Applied: 10th Jan
Fee debited: 12th Jan
HSMP -> Tier-1 (NON JR)
Package sent by SD: 2nd March.

Fingers crossed till tomorrow.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm

hi...can you guys help me with the number that you call to know your applications status? I tried 08706067766 a couple of times but it says " we are busy ....." and gets disconnected......
Also , on the "waiting times" timelines on the website ....i guess they are real times lines....its just that they started working them out more quickly becoz of the change in rules in near future.
:-)

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 pm

One possible reason may be back log of Christmas but who knows. May be they will turnaround and change it back to 2 Feb or somewhere around this date at the end of this week. Let see and hopes for the best.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 pm

aspirant09 wrote:hi...can you guys help me with the number that you call to know your applications status? I tried 08706067766 a couple of times but it says " we are busy ....." and gets disconnected......
Also , on the "waiting times" timelines on the website ....i guess they are real times lines....its just that they started working them out more quickly becoz of the change in rules in near future.
Keep calling. That's the number. Most times I just redial again and again (like 5 times) and then I get through. I think they play that message hoping you'll give up and leave the phone alone :wink:

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Just called HO and they confirmed that they have sent my documents today morning by SD.

Will post the outcome tomorrow morning.
Tier-1 General Ext Application:
Appl Sent: 10th Jan
Delivered at HO: 12th Jan
Fee Debited: 12th Jan
Ref Letter rcvd: 15th Jan
25Feb: Wating Further Consideration
27Feb: Under Consideration
02Mar: Send the documents by SD