ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky note on extension @ UKBA site!! - Seniors plz respond

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Tricky note on extension @ UKBA site!! - Seniors plz respond

Post by technocrat181 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi,

I just got my Tier-1 Visa approved for 3 years & below are the comments on the 'observations' column of my Visa stamping:

" *. No Recourse to public funds.
*. No employment as a doctor in training. "

which are absolutely fine for me.

But today when I was jst browsing through ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk, I came across the below comments on Visa extension in this link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gyourstay/ which reads :

" The conditions you must meet if you want to extend your stay Extending your stay is dependent on the following conditions:
(1). you have no recourse to public funds (which means you will be unable to claim most benefits paid by the state);

(2). you have been given entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain as a highly skilled migrant or as a post-graduate doctor or dentist;

(3). you were previously given entry clearance or leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant and that was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training."

Now, Points (1) & (2) are absolutely fine with me. But I'm really confused on reading Point (3). Does it say that those Teir-1 holders prohibited from employment as a doctor in training are NOT eligible for an extension ???? :?: :?: :?:

Those who 're about to reply : 'No, you've understood it wrong' ; Plz read point (3) carefully once more & then reply. Does it look like a bit strange or a grammatical mistake ?

(Ofcourse I need to worry about this only when my visa is about to expire in 3 years but would like to be clear on this as If it's just for 3 years, really have to think 'migrating' to UK )

Thanks !!!

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:02 pm

can some one please let us know abt technocrat181 query.
I did read under http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gyourstay/ link that

while extending your Tier1 Visa

The conditions you must meet if you want to extend your stay

Extending your stay is dependent on the following conditions:

1) you have no recourse to public funds (which means you will be unable to claim most benefits paid by the state);
2) you have been given entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain as a highly skilled migrant or as a post-graduate doctor or dentist;
3) you were previously given entry clearance or leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant and that was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training.

I have also a comment in my Tier1 visa that

"No Employment as a junior doctor in training"

what does this mean ? cant Tier1 Visa holder's? extend there stay with 3 years+ 2 years criteria ?

Please let us know

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:12 pm

hi
if you arent a doctor, those conditions do not affect you in any way.

basically if u are a doctor and have previously been granted a visa that allows u to train as a doctors in this country, you can extend.

if you have been prohibited to train as a dr in this country before, then the same condition applies if u extend it.

my previous visa of a different category had no such restriction, but today i got my Tier 1 visa and told them that i shouldnt have this restriction stamped in my visa and they agreed.

hope this helps

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:21 pm

thanks dupuytren

im not a doctor, so while extending i will have no isssue's with that condition in place ?

I think all the Tier1 Visa which were issue have that condition
"No Employment as junior doctor in training ??

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 pm

yes u are right
all the tier 1 visa's will have the restriction for junior doctors in training in place, unless you didnt have that restriction before

peacemaker
Newly Registered

visa had wrong condition on it

Post by peacemaker » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:28 pm

dear dupuytren,

i have the same problem where my current tier 1 visa has the restriction of no employment as a doctor in training whereas my previous HSMP visa did not have this condition.

i would appreciate your help as to how to resolve this problem. this is very annoying and also worrying as well.

it took them 6 weeks to process it then return it with a mistake on the visa although it was granted.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: visa had wrong condition on it

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm

peacemaker wrote:dear dupuytren,

i have the same problem where my current tier 1 visa has the restriction of no employment as a doctor in training whereas my previous HSMP visa did not have this condition.

i would appreciate your help as to how to resolve this problem. this is very annoying and also worrying as well.

it took them 6 weeks to process it then return it with a mistake on the visa although it was granted.
HSMP did not have that condition and now all tier 1 has that condition. There is no error. It is worrying only if you are employed as doctor in training. Are you?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tricky note on extension @ UKBA site!! - Seniors plz res

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:34 pm

technocrat181 wrote:Hi,

I just got my Tier-1 Visa approved for 3 years & below are the comments on the 'observations' column of my Visa stamping:

" *. No Recourse to public funds.
*. No employment as a doctor in training. "

which are absolutely fine for me.

But today when I was jst browsing through ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk, I came across the below comments on Visa extension in this link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gyourstay/ which reads :

" The conditions you must meet if you want to extend your stay Extending your stay is dependent on the following conditions:
(1). you have no recourse to public funds (which means you will be unable to claim most benefits paid by the state);

(2). you have been given entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain as a highly skilled migrant or as a post-graduate doctor or dentist;

(3). you were previously given entry clearance or leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant and that was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training."

Now, Points (1) & (2) are absolutely fine with me. But I'm really confused on reading Point (3). Does it say that those Teir-1 holders prohibited from employment as a doctor in training are NOT eligible for an extension ???? :?: :?: :?:

Those who 're about to reply : 'No, you've understood it wrong' ; Plz read point (3) carefully once more & then reply. Does it look like a bit strange or a grammatical mistake ?

(Ofcourse I need to worry about this only when my visa is about to expire in 3 years but would like to be clear on this as If it's just for 3 years, really have to think 'migrating' to UK )

Thanks !!!
Yes, you have understood it wrong. You have missed reading 'Additionally, you must not be employed as a doctor in training unless:' between your points 1 and 2,3. So unless you are a doctor in training, no need to worry.

The actual wordings from the link you provided are,

What conditions must I meet to extend my stay?
Extending your stay is dependent on the following conditions:
you will have no recourse to public funds (which means you will be unable to claim most benefits paid by the state); and
you must register with the police if this is needed by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules.
Additionally, you must not be employed as a doctor in training unless:
you have been given entry clearance or permission to stay as a highly skilled migrant or as a postgraduate doctor or dentist; or
you were previously given entry clearance or permission to stay as a highly skilled migrant, and that was not subject to a condition prohibiting employment as a doctor in training.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:40 pm

good job aruni for spotting that 8)