ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP next week : URGENT Help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_922

Applying for HSMP next week : URGENT Help required

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi,

As part of my previous earnings, I am going to claim points for the period from March 2008 to Feb 2009. Apart from my salary, I got some money credited by my company as incentive in the month of March.

The incentive is something my company pays every year based on the performance of myself and the company for the previous year. For E.G. I get an incentive from the company in March 2008 for my performance and the company's performance in 2007.

The incentive letter is dated March 2008 and clearly states that "YOUR PERFORMANCE FOR 2007 HAS BEEN ASSESSED. IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR PERFORMANCE, WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE A PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE OF RS.XXXXXX FOR THE YEAR 2007."

I could not have shown this in 2007 as the money was given to me only in march 2008. HO wants proofs for all my earnings. In my case I have a letter from the employer and also a corresponding bank statement which shows the money credited. Also, this money cannot be considered as redundancy as this is not something like arrears. I am always paid on time and the incentive always gets paid the following year.

What i am missing here in terms of the HO expectations?

Thanks.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm

I think that should be fine, as long as your statements, etc. meet the necessary guidelines.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for HSMP next week : URGENT Help required

Post by push » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm

hsmp_922 wrote:Hi,

As part of my previous earnings, I am going to claim points for the period from March 2008 to Feb 2009. Apart from my salary, I got some money credited by my company as incentive in the month of March.

The incentive is something my company pays every year based on the performance of myself and the company for the previous year. For E.G. I get an incentive from the company in March 2008 for my performance and the company's performance in 2007.

The incentive letter is dated March 2008 and clearly states that "YOUR PERFORMANCE FOR 2007 HAS BEEN ASSESSED. IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR PERFORMANCE, WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE A PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE OF RS.XXXXXX FOR THE YEAR 2007."

I could not have shown this in 2007 as the money was given to me only in march 2008. HO wants proofs for all my earnings. In my case I have a letter from the employer and also a corresponding bank statement which shows the money credited. Also, this money cannot be considered as redundancy as this is not something like arrears. I am always paid on time and the incentive always gets paid the following year.

What i am missing here in terms of the HO expectations?

Thanks.
Technically you cant claim the incentive as it was not earned during the period that you are using to claim the earnings points (there is a difference between earning and getting paid). For example if your company paid incentives after 5 years from the period in which it was earned (say some sort of lock-in) would you have claimed the same?

Anyways, the best way out for you would be to get the incentive included on the salary slip (the month it was paid in). This would obviate the need for a letter from the employer. At the same time, I don't think a standalone letter from the employer (even if it is supported by the bank statements) is sufficient. Have been some time since saw the guidance note but I think you need to get letter from your employer covering the entire earnings period.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hsmp_922

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Push_hsmp,

Thanks for your reply. I am confused as I dont think I would ever be able to prove this as my income in this case.

The money was given to me in March 2008. But it was for the previous year. I could not have shown that as income in 2007 because I was never given the money that time. Neither can i show it now because it was for the past. When can i then show this as proof?

This is something like a dividend. Dividends are never included in the payslip. Thats the problem.

Please advice.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 pm

hsmp_922 wrote:Hi Push_hsmp,

Thanks for your reply. I am confused as I dont think I would ever be able to prove this as my income in this case.

The money was given to me in March 2008. But it was for the previous year. I could not have shown that as income in 2007 because I was never given the money that time. Neither can i show it now because it was for the past. When can i then show this as proof?

This is something like a dividend. Dividends are never included in the payslip. Thats the problem.

Please advice.
Can you get a letter from your employer certifying your monthly salaries (per guidance note) which also says that you were paid an incentive of xxxx amount in xxx month (not mentioning the period it belonged to)?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer