ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick answer need please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hassan30
Newly Registered

quick answer need please

Post by Hassan30 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:04 pm

ive just herd that its 4 months wait for ilr,and ive sent mine up a month ago,does anyone know if we can call for an interveiw and we pay an extra £200 we can go and sort this out quick and get my visa and passports back as no way i can sit and home for 4 months without work, waiting as i cant even get goverment money,how on earth do the goverment expect us to wait all this time.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Why can't you work without your passport?

I thought in order for you to apply for ILR you needed to show continuous employment and preferably be in a role already? :?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm

There is no need for you to sit at home without a job if you sent your application in time and your previous leave allowed you to work. I already posted a link that employers can use if you have an outstanding application with UKBA. Aren't you supposed to be able to maintain and accomodate yourselves without benefits to get ILR unless you are a refugee?

Why are you sitting at home without work?

I am not sure about making an appointment if you have an outstanding application, call them & find out.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:31 pm

In a different topic you posted "my spouse visa as finnished" ... but the goods news is that is if the application for ILR was made before the stated expiry date of your spouse visa, then the spouse visa has not finished!

That is, you have so-called Section 3C protection ..... and the old visa is "treated as continuing" even though the stated expiry date has passed. Thus as your spouse visa allowed you to work, you are still allowed to work!

The Section 3C protection will continue until you hear that the ILR application has been successful, or if exceptionally it is declined, until the time for appealing against that refusal has expired.

Is the problem a practical one? You currently do not have your passport and having been made redundant you have no way of proving to a new employer that you have the ability to work? If so, suggest you contact UKBA and whilst making it clear that you are not withdrawing the application, could they kindly write to you confirming that you currently have Section 3C protection and that under the terms of the spouse visa you have the ability to work. Worth a try!
John

Alexisos
Newly Registered

Re: quick answer need please

Post by Alexisos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Hassan30 wrote:ive just herd that its 4 months wait for ilr,and ive sent mine up a month ago,does anyone know if we can call for an interveiw and we pay an extra £200 we can go and sort this out quick and get my visa and passports back as no way i can sit and home for 4 months without work, waiting as i cant even get goverment money,how on earth do the goverment expect us to wait all this time.
Hello Hassan

I hope you're well.

I don't know your particular reasons for not being able to work/get a job, but I understand that some people might have difficuties getting a job after sending their application for ILR. I know of a case of someone who sent her application, and soon after that got a new job. The new employer requested proof of her eligibility to work in the UK. She then showed a copy of her endorsement (just expired) + the home office letter, and explained that she was just in the process of applying for ILR. It took her sometime to prove to her employer that she was in fact allowed to work. I'm not assuming this is your case. I'm just giving this as an example of a difficulty some people might experience when applying for a job near the end of their limited leave to remain, or while they're applying for ILR.

If you really don't want to wait more, you might be able to withdraw the application, and then use the same-day service in one of the public enquiry offices. The fee for that service is more expensive than the postal one though. Also, bear in mind that if your application is not straight-forward, they might ask you to post it!

Good luck

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:25 pm

If you really don't want to wait more, you might be able to withdraw the application ......
Hassan30, don't do that! As soon as you withdraw the application you lose your Section 3C protection .... and you are an overstayer!
John