ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor Degree no more recognisible

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h_s_m_p

Bachelor Degree no more recognisible

Post by h_s_m_p » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:38 am

What will happen to the hundreds of ppl who have got TIER 1 general visa with Bachelor degree. Do they have to come back to their home country once the visa period is over.

What will happen to them during the extension period.

Do you see any chance of removing this rule regarding degree requirement.

I am severely affected by this. I have to plan my uk travel only based on this. I don't want to spoil my current profile for the instance of staying only three years in uk incase they don't remove the degree qualification criteria

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 am

Nobody is completelys ure as yet as to whether the rules will affect those already on t=HSMP/Tier 1 or whether this will apply to new applicants only. We can only wait and see what develops this month.

s123
Newly Registered

Post by s123 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:23 pm

I think I find it in the UK Border Agency's official announcement as below:

<LI>tighten new criteria against which highly skilled migrants seeking entry to the United Kingdom are judged, by raising the qualifications and salary required for tier 1 of the PBS to a Master's degree and a minimum salary of £20,000.

This means Master requirement is not applicable to the existing T1 holders including HSMP seeking for FLR, but only for new applicants, am I correct?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm

s123 wrote:I think I find it in the UK Border Agency's official announcement as below:

<LI>tighten new criteria against which highly skilled migrants seeking entry to the United Kingdom are judged, by raising the qualifications and salary required for tier 1 of the PBS to a Master's degree and a minimum salary of £20,000.

This means Master requirement is not applicable to the existing T1 holders including HSMP seeking for FLR, but only for new applicants, am I correct?
Nothing is clear at the moment. At the same time if things deteriorate further they might raise the bar further....( the statement from the Secretary already points to a review in 2010)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 am

The rules will get tougher in the future and coming days will make the picture more clear.

I believe, the old rules will be applicable to tier 1 extensions, however, some other rules might be effective making the extension harder.

smiley82
Newly Registered

Post by smiley82 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 am

I received this email from UK Work Permits yesterday, seems the new rules apply to everyone....including myself :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We now know that the changes will also apply to those currently holding HSMP status who will need to extend their stay from 31st March 2009 (in addition to those making first applications).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home Office announces tightening up of visa rules

The Home Secretary, Jacqui Smith, recently announced that the Government plans to “raise the barâ€