ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im on a work permit. Soon to apply for ILR. New baby born UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stuecampbell
Newly Registered

Im on a work permit. Soon to apply for ILR. New baby born UK

Post by stuecampbell » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi all.
Im hoping someone can answer my questions.
I am currently on a work permit issued in Nov 2004 (stamped 30 Dec 2004).
I am hoping to apply for ILR this year (Depending on up coming rule change)
I have now got a new baby born 6 months ago.
My questions are.
* Can I apply for citizenship for the baby now or when I apply for ILR. Both me and my partner are Australian citizens.
* What visa should I get the baby if I can not apply for citizenship for him? Im hoping this does not cost an arm or a leg as if they throw another 3 years on to the time required to get ILR, we are going to leave the UK.
* If my ILR can be applied for in NOV/DEC then we will wait till then but we are having issues when ever we enter the UK from holidays as the baby is on a holiday visa.
* I have been legally in the UK now for nearly 9 years with working holiday visa and holiday visas. Can I use this to try to get an early ILR?

Any answers would be help full.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm

If baby is born in the UK, then see also need for a dependent visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

you can apply for your baby's ILR at the same time when you will apply. there is no need to get leave to remain for your baby now.

mervinsx

FOR WORK PERMIT HOLDERS

Post by mervinsx » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 pm

Over the past many years, the UK attracted skilled migrants from all over the world through two Home Office schemes - Work Permits and HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Programme). Migrants who entered the UK under these two schemes had no recourse to public funds and had Limited Leave to Remain but they paid taxes and national insurance contributions alike any other working member of the public.

To enable long-resident migrants to setup UK as their primary residence, the Home Office promised them Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after four years of continuous residency in the UK. In April 2006, the Home Office changed this policy and increased the requirement for ILR to five years for both Work Permit and HSMP visa holders and retrospectively applied this change, for those who were already in the UK.

On 6th April 2009, HSMP Forum Ltd won a Judicial Review, requesting the Home Office to reinstate the original ILR conditions for all pre-April 2006 HSMP visa holders.

The Work Permit scheme was also a route to ILR and a petition has been submitted to the Prime Minister to reinstate the original ILR conditions for all pre-April 2006 Work Permit holders:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/workpermit-ilr

Please sign the above petition and forward to your family and friends - this petition can be signed by any national residing in the UK.

On behalf of Work Permit Forum
www.wpforumltd.com