ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 pm

You will see when your spouse will die and GNIB would unnecessarily harass you for overstay of mother. Just kidding :lol: But it relates to the in general plight of immigrants.

crown

Post by crown » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:51 am

Heybabyy wrote:See these two naturalisation related articles.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/let ... 93844.html

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/idojojcwid/

And then they expect us to integrate us with the society.
This is a particularly sad story [The Examiner article] I cant believe it happened in the so-called developed country These guys would deal better with an animal than an immigrant with emotional needs!
Shocking

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 am

On a lighter note, here's another article that talks about a related issue at the DoJ:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2009 ... ia-for-as/

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:17 am

Here is my timeline:

My initial application was made in Jan 2007. This was sent back to me due to the fact that it was not witnessed properly by the commisioner of oath. I re-applied in April 2007, and got a reference number in May 07. Asked for documentation in July 08 (only birth certificate). Called INIS in Dec 08 and was told they were still waiting for garda clearance. I gave them a ring again in Jan 09 and was told my file was being prepared to be taking to the minister. Got approval on the 24th of Feb :D :D :D :D :D .

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:03 am

Missy2 wrote:Here is my timeline:

My initial application was made in Jan 2007. This was sent back to me due to the fact that it was not witnessed properly by the commisioner of oath. I re-applied in April 2007, and got a reference number in May 07. Asked for documentation in July 08 (only birth certificate). Called INIS in Dec 08 and was told they were still waiting for garda clearance. I gave them a ring again in Jan 09 and was told my file was being prepared to be taking to the minister. Got approval on the 24th of Feb :D :D :D :D :D .
Thanks for posting this
Congratulations
It means that at least some have got this year
Looking forward for ours, too.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:51 am

crown wrote: Thanks for posting this
Congratulations
It means that at least some have got this year
Looking forward for ours, too.
Seems like a new batch of approvals from the Minister, totally random again. A friend of mine received an approval end of last week, he applied Febryary 2006, was requested additinal documents in early September. His case is absolutely identical to mine, i.e. same profile and timings, except that I applied in March 2006, but my file is still with the Guards, been there since September with zero progress, so nowhere near approval yet.. :(
Last edited by YMC on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks for the update and congratulations for the approval. Did you applied on the basis of work visa/permit for 5 years ( and no irish spouse/connections).

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks for the update and congratulations for the approval. Did you applied on the basis of work visa/permit for 5 years ( and no irish spouse connections)

I applied based on an irish born child.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:55 am

Telephone numbers seem to be out of action today ?
062 - 32500
Lo-call 1890 252 854

Did anyone managed to call em?

UPDATE: been trying for half an hour now

any update ppl??
Regards
Tiggs
Last edited by tiggs on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:08 am

You may need to try for at least 15 minutes before you can get into the queue. I managed to get into the queue and am currently on hold.

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am

Hi All,
Got through to Tipp this morning after holding for 30 minutes. No joy though-was told application is being processed and when i asked at what stage my application is at, the guy said he didn't know. So i asked to speak to someone else, the same guy comes back and says application is at Gardai check stage.
Application details: Applied July 2006, additional docs requested in October 2008, Gardai check started 05 November 2008. Applied on the basis of 5yr residency. :(

citi
Newly Registered

Post by citi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi,

I got through to the tipperary office this morning after a 15 minute wait. But no joy yet. Have been told that my application is in the final stages and should take a few weeks for minister's decision. Still waiting and hoping............

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Cudn't get through today :roll:
Will try next thursday. Any more news ppl??
Regards
Tiggs

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 pm

got through today- they said application is in final stages and should get decision shortly.When asked how much longer it would take, He said that he couldnt be more specific as file was in Dublin but that he could see that my file was was in the pile with the processed applications and was going off in a batch. When I spoke to them in January they said it had gone to the minister. I think they tell you anything just to get you off the phone.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Missy2 wrote:
Thanks for the update and congratulations for the approval. Did you applied on the basis of work visa/permit for 5 years ( and no irish spouse connections)

Irish Born Child? At least that shows that category of people are being attended to. I was so sure that group was being held up
Once again Congrats

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm

I tried calling them, but couldnt get through :(

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:35 pm

tiggs wrote:Telephone numbers seem to be out of action today ?
062 - 32500
Lo-call 1890 252 854

Did anyone managed to call em?

UPDATE: been trying for half an hour now

any update ppl??
Regards
Tiggs
Tried all morning to get through but failed

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Missy2 wrote:
Quote:

Irish Born Child? At least that shows that category of people are being attended to. I was so sure that group was being held up
Once again Congrats
Hi Crown,

As far as I can see, it doesn't really matter what group you belong. If you meet the requirement then you will be given.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 pm

KZN wrote:,
Application details: Applied July 2006, additional docs requested in October 2008, Gardai check started 05 November 2008. Applied on the basis of 5yr residency. :(
Mine application details are same as that of yours. I am told this morning that my application is with minister. Same status since mid Jan-09. Does anyone know how many weeks minister takes (I read somewhere its 3 weeks). Any one know if any application got rejected by minister ? Is dole check after minister approval or before ?

Sorry about too many questions.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 pm

pahadia wrote:Mine application details are same as that of yours. I am told this morning that my application is with minister. Same status since mid Jan-09. Does anyone know how many weeks minister takes (I read somewhere its 3 weeks). Any one know if any application got rejected by minister ? Is dole check after minister approval or before ?

Mine has allegedly been "with the minister" for a couple of months now.
I'm sceptical about the notion of him doing them in batches, or even in order. But then I'm sceptical about most things that politicians say.
I have not heard of many rejections via this forum, but they are mentioned from time to time in parliamentary questions. It isn't clear if he actually gets to see these files or if his staff throw them out first.
I think the checks are done before the file goes to the minister.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:25 pm

pahadia wrote: Mine application details are same as that of yours. I am told this morning that my application is with minister. Same status since mid Jan-09. Does anyone know how many weeks minister takes (I read somewhere its 3 weeks). Any one know if any application got rejected by minister ? Is dole check after minister approval or before ?

Mine, too, has been with the Minister since Jan. Someone in a similar position claimed he was told it takes 6 weeks in that office. But you cant be sure of anything until you have your naturalisation.
I think there is some dole check before minister, someone was told I heard - cant confirm

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 pm

so if someone on dole, and they check, the refusal is guarantee?

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 pm

goodone wrote:so if someone on dole, and they check, the refusal is guarantee?
I think it depends on the type of dole
They gave my friends - wife on unemployment benefit for months after losing her job and husband never stopped working But I think benefits are your money PRSI paid back to you

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 pm

thanks on the info Crown.
anybody else on forum who'se been refused or approved while on dole?
thanks.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Congratulations! :)