ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test has 2 certificates?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crazychris

Life in the UK test has 2 certificates?

Post by crazychris » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 am

I took the Life in the UK test in Dec 2007. They issued me a "Pass Notification Letter" only.
However when my friend took the test recently, the test center issued both "Pass Notification Letter" and a passport's photocopy with a stamp "Life in the UK test Pass".
I am wondering if the the test center forgot to give me the stamped copy of passport and if it must be provided when I apply for ILR in the future? There are no passport number on the "Pass Notification Letter".

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:58 pm

when my wife passed her test she got a single letter. when i passed my test, they actually spelled my name wrong and i didnt spot it as it was an L instead of an I. So they gave me two letters, one is the pass certificate with the wrong name, and another is a letter to HO saying they made a mistake, together with a photocopy of my passport stamped test pass.

i still have to go to my PEO appointment, but i think a single letter should be OK in normal cases.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 am

My friend would be eligible for ILR in Aug 09. Therefore, when would he take the life in the UK test (earliest or latest)? How to book the appointment for the test? After how many days normally I can expect to get an appointment for the test?

I would be grateful if you could advice please.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:33 am

You don't even need to take your passport to the test. Driving Licence would meet their requirement for proof of identity. So the question of putting a note on passport doesn't arise at all.

Raj, you can find details about the test here:
http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/htmlsite/index.html

My advice would be to take the test well in advance, at least two weeks before the date of your interview.
Depending on your test centre, it could take a week to 2 weeks to book a test.

habibi
Newly Registered

Post by habibi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am

RAJ2007 wrote:My friend would be eligible for ILR in Aug 09. Therefore, when would he take the life in the UK test (earliest or latest)? How to book the appointment for the test? After how many days normally I can expect to get an appointment for the test?

I would be grateful if you could advice please.
it takes 1 week to get an appointment