ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Workingholidaymaker to Workpermit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rvg
Newly Registered

Switching Workingholidaymaker to Workpermit

Post by rvg » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:31 am

Hi Guys

I was wondering if someone can help on this topic.
I am on a working holidaymaker visa in UK nearly one & half years with the same employer & the employer is willing to file a work permit for me. The company is huge by all standards.
However the problem is that as per working in the uk website, "the holidaymakers can only switch to work-permit scheme if the job is on the shortage list".
Does it mean under no circumstances can i get a work permit b cos of this regulation assuming that my profession is not on the shortage list (which i believe it is not....also if anybody can provide a link or place where one can check what jobs is the list made up of)
Is HSMP the only option left for me ??
Is some one out there like me who is not very sure of HSMP & therefore wants to stick to work permit or has succesfully got one or even refused.
If you can share it will be great.

Tks in advance for reading & replying

rvg

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:15 am

Your sponsor may apply for a WP on your behalf but you are not able to switch status by way of an FLR IED application in country from WHV to WP. You must apply for your WP visa at an overseas British Diplomatic Post. Such application should be in a country of which you are national or have legal long term residence. You would need to present your original WP and other relevant documentation. I hope that helps.

rvg
Newly Registered

Post by rvg » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:03 pm

Many Thanks Kayalami for your immense help. You guys are doing an extraordinary job. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Regards
rvg