ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent Interview Experience

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lavkir
BANNED

Recent Interview Experience

Post by lavkir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Everybody

I want to share some experiences on my recent job interviews here in UK. I attended 2 interviews for PM position which went well past 60 minutes and also included a presentation aspect. They asked me all sorts of questions ranging from my experience, problem solving attitude, availability, etc

The one thing I am interested in knowing is that when the interview ends what is the best sign to know that they are interested. I always assume and have experienced that when they say We will get back to you, that means they never will. :lol:

But when they end by saying Good luck or All the best, what does that imply, I am hoping for the best, but it sends signals like most probably you are out of the race. Any views, thoughts are most welcome.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Was that your first PM job interview in UK? if yes then it is highly likely you will be selected, but there are always exception based on your qualification,Certification and your ability to lead!

Hope for the best and all the best! I would say this when I like your skills there are 50/50 chances for your to be shortlisted and may be there will be another interview!

So keep looking and hope for the best!
Kaff

lavkir
BANNED

Post by lavkir » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback Kaff. I have been in the UK for more than 2 years now but these were the first interviews I attended for PM position after that period.

Yes I agree that qualifications, certifications matter while making it to the shortlist and they will be seeing other candidates as well. But I am sure there is no second round.

Thanks once again & fingers crossed! :D

netacct

Post by netacct » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 pm

Welcome to UK.
Here they usually interview 3/4 candidate for one position and you can never tell whether results is going to be positive or negative.

I got offers even when I did not perform well and got rejected even I performed very well.

All the best.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 am

Most of times, there will be very clear indications and positive body language from employer. They normally ask about your availability etc in detail not as general question and when can you start. If you make really makes positive impression, it kind of sticks in and it doesn't really matter how many candidates they see after you, you will still get the job.

95% of time, it is very easy to predict the outcome.If they said, they will get back to you, it means impression you have made requires some of kind of comparision and they need to see more candidates to compare against you before they can make a decision. Good luck and all the best normally means they like your background and skills and not so sure or haven't made any decision about you suitability for the role at the end of interview.

Hope this helps.