ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another "how early can I apply for extension" ques

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bitterweb

Another "how early can I apply for extension" ques

Post by bitterweb » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 am

I understand this has been asked quite a few times. But after going through those threads I still can't draw a solid conclusion.

So may I ask this question again but in a different way:

Has anybody here, who applied for extension (HSMP to Tier1) more than 2 months ealier before the VISA expired, got a three-year extension starting from the application date, instead of the expiration date of the first two-year stay?

My two-year VISA under HSMP (non JR) ends in early June. I'd like to apply for extension before April if the the two months left from my current VISA will not be disregarded.

Thanks very much for your input!

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Another "how early can I apply for extension"

Post by psdesai » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 am

I have asked home office and there is no strict rule for the time limit .
Please find my reply.
"We recommend that applicants submit an application for an extension around 5 weeks before their visa expires, however, this is not mandatory – applications can be submitted at any time before the current leave expires. "

Hope this helps
bitterweb wrote:I understand this has been asked quite a few times. But after going through those threads I still can't draw a solid conclusion.

Has anybody here, who applied for extension (HSMP to Tier1) more than 2 months ealier before the VISA expired, got a three-year extension starting from the application date, instead of the expiration date of the first two-year stay?

My two-year VISA under HSMP (non JR) ends in early June. I'd like to apply for extension before April if the the two months left from my current VISA will not be disregarded.

bitterweb

Post by bitterweb » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks psdesai for the information.

But my question was mainly about whether an early application would likely to make the total stay granted after the extension less than 5 years because of the disregard of the rest of the first granted stay.

Thanks!
psdesai wrote:I have asked home office and there is no strict rule for the time limit .
Please find my reply.
"We recommend that applicants submit an application for an extension around 5 weeks before their visa expires, however, this is not mandatory – applications can be submitted at any time before the current leave expires. "

Hope this helps
bitterweb wrote:I understand this has been asked quite a few times. But after going through those threads I still can't draw a solid conclusion.

shubhoh
Newly Registered

??

Post by shubhoh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi there

Have you guys applied or do u know someone who has applied & got approved\rejected?

I am in a situation where (hsmp valid till Dec09 but want to get early tier1 extension in march09) & called the home office, they said do it any your own risk.

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

When you apply for extension(under same category), you will be granted stay only after your current LTR expire.

You can apply any time for extension. If in doubt, I would drop an email inquiry to Home Office and attached their reply with my application to build my case. Email Id is UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
bitterweb wrote:Thanks psdesai for the information.

But my question was mainly about whether an early application would likely to make the total stay granted after the extension less than 5 years because of the disregard of the rest of the first granted stay.

Thanks!
psdesai wrote:I have asked home office and there is no strict rule for the time limit .
Please find my reply.

Hope this helps

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Alternatively, you can always provide some valid reason to HO to explain why you are applying earlier.
chetanojha wrote:When you apply for extension(under same category), you will be granted stay only after your current LTR expire.

You can apply any time for extension. If in doubt, I would drop an email inquiry to Home Office and attached their reply with my application to build my case. Email Id is UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
bitterweb wrote:Thanks psdesai for the information.

Thanks!
Please find my reply.

Hope this helps

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm

i had sent the home office a query regarding when one can switch from hsmp to teir 1 and their response was anytime subject to the condition that you have spent some 10 months or so in UK in the preceding year..

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:20 am

inputsOnHSMP wrote:i had sent the home office a query regarding when one can switch from hsmp to teir 1 and their response was anytime subject to the condition that you have spent some 10 months or so in UK in the preceding year..
Can you please share the e-mail from Home Office ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Here you go.

===============================================
Dear Mr Ojha,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that maintenance (funds) can include:

cash savings in your account(s) that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
cash savings in a joint account(s) that have been in your joint account(s) for at least three months before your application;
The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted outside the United Kingdom.

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. If you are able to access your cash ISA account instantly, then this will be acceptable evidence of maintenance (funds).

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.
If your bank statements has all the above information, you do not have to provide a letter from your bank.

For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.

You must have the minimum level of maintenance (funds) available and score 10 points in this section, or your application will be refused.

We recommend that applicants submit an application for an extension around 5 weeks before their visa expires, however, this is not mandatory – applications can be submitted at any time before the current leave expires.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

===============================================

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi,

I applied for my visa extension in January even though my visa expires only at the end of april. I was granted visa yesterday for 3 years 2 months so I DIDNOT loose any leave because of early application.

Hope it clarifies. In my case it is 3 month early application.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:19 pm

sunflower wrote:Hi,

I applied for my visa extension in January even though my visa expires only at the end of april. I was granted visa yesterday for 3 years 2 months so I DIDNOT loose any leave because of early application.

Did you specify any reason/provided supporting evidence for applying well in advance of expiry of current leave?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:37 pm

This sound promising, as My current leave is due to expire byJan 2010 and I intend to apply in May 2009, that is like 8 months in advance? Anyone think this is workable?

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi Even my Visa expies in Jan 2010, i am planning to apply in May 2009 based on the new rules which will be announced later in April.

Regards
JK

saayinla wrote:

This sound promising, as My current leave is due to expire byJan 2010 and I intend to apply in May 2009, that is like 8 months in advance? Anyone think this is workable?

PRAMAD
Newly Registered

Post by PRAMAD » Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,
Have you applied for Tier 1 extension and is the visa granted? if granted, is it from application date or from expiry date of your current visa.

I'm also planning to apply in june 2009 though expiry of my current visa is in oct 2009.

Thanks.
ukdreamer wrote:Hi Even my Visa expies in Jan 2010, i am planning to apply in May 2009 based on the new rules which will be announced later in April.

Regards
JK

saayinla wrote:

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello, I am not yet applied, i am planning to apply this month end. But still i have doubt, because UKBA replied to mail saying that you have to apply before 28days your visa Expires..i am waitng for experts suggestions.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Cheers!

PRAMAD wrote:Hi,
Have you applied for Tier 1 extension and is the visa granted? if granted, is it from application date or from expiry date of your current visa.

I'm also planning to apply in june 2009 though expiry of my current visa is in oct 2009.

Thanks.
ukdreamer wrote:Hi Even my Visa expies in Jan 2010, i am planning to apply in May 2009 based on the new rules which will be announced later in April.

Regards
JK

saayinla wrote:

singh1827
Newly Registered

Post by singh1827 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Regards
JK

saayinla wrote:

Hi Even my Visa expies in Jan 2010, i am planning to apply in August 2009 based on the new rules which will be announced later in April. Can i apply in august and if yes, is it necessary to specify a valid reason for early application???

Regards

MS

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:22 pm

singh1827 wrote:

Regards
JK

saayinla wrote:

Hi Even my Visa expies in Jan 2010, i am planning to apply in August 2009 based on the new rules which will be announced later in April. Can i apply in august and if yes, is it necessary to specify a valid reason for early application???

Regards

MS
Yes for early extension.

No for providing reason.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Yes to both questions but its not a rule- just based on what has been the outcome on many such early application. Any particular reasons you want to apply so early?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer