ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Desperate..... maintenance fund HELP!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charm1
Newly Registered

Desperate..... maintenance fund HELP!!!!

Post by charm1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm

I am really happy that I found this forum.
I want to apply for PSW visa but I have query regarding maintenance fund.
I am principal applicant but I had been maintaining the required fund in my wife's account (I was not well informed). Her account has sufficient fund more than £2000 throughout last three months.

Regarding my account, I do not have £800 in a single account but I can show around £900 from 3 different accounts (1 saving and 2 current accounts).

I would be grateful if someone could suggest me on following:

1. Can I show maintenance fund from my wife's account for both of us? is this accepted?
2. if not, is it acceptable to show £800 from 3 different accounts of mine and the remaining from my wife's account.
3. what shall be the best move?

waiting for your suggestions.
thanks

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:45 pm

You can only show bank statements that have your name on it. You can combine several accounts, provided they are yours and the total amount from these accounts is at least £800 at ALL times within the 3 month period.

If your accounts don't have this combined account, you could take a risk and make your wife's account a joint account with you as one of the account holders immediately. I have seen on other forums where someone did this and was successful.

All the best

charm1
Newly Registered

Post by charm1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:28 pm

koolbone wrote:You can only show bank statements that have your name on it. You can combine several accounts, provided they are yours and the total amount from these accounts is at least £800 at ALL times within the 3 month period.

If your accounts don't have this combined account, you could take a risk and make your wife's account a joint account with you as one of the account holders immediately. I have seen on other forums where someone did this and was successful.

All the best

Thank you koolbone for your suggestion and time, I appreciate...