ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa question - Yes or No?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DeepThroat

Schengen Visa question - Yes or No?

Post by DeepThroat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:11 pm

Hello there,

I recently got my schengen visa from the French embassy in London. My travel to Paris is a month away, but before that I am planning to go to Brussels on this schengen visa. So my question is whether my FIRST port of entry on this French issued schengen visa has to be a place in FRANCE?.

Thank you all for your time,
Namaskara.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:16 pm

The rules are clear. You should apply for your Schengen visa from the country that is going to be your Main Destination in the Schengen area. But if there is no Main Destination, for example, someone is simply travelling around a lot, then the application should be made to the country that will be entered first.

Turning that around a bit, it is clear that there will be times when the country of first entry will not be the Main Destination. That is clearly part of the rules. So don't worry about it .... if you get a query at Brussels (or wherever) airport then just say that you will be visiting France next month.

Or are you going to Belgium by train? If so, look at the map, you will enter France first! :lol:
John

Big A
Newly Registered

Re Schengen Visa

Post by Big A » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:17 am

Hi, please be aware, that if you ever apply for a French Schengen visa again, they'll look at your entry details of any previous schengen visas. They'll see that you did not enter France first, and you'll be refused a visa. This happened to 2 of my friends, and it caused them numerous problems, as a refused or denied visa detail is always linked to their application and file. So please bear this in mind before your travels. Even if you just go for a "Paris" lunch by popping over for 1 day, that is sufficient to satisfy their needs, as we were told by a French imigration officer.