ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

******* legacy cases ( please Help ) ********

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaqoob1979
Newly Registered

Post by yaqoob1979 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 pm

hello,
i came in united kingdom in 1999 as student, got married to british girl but marriage last few month and we had offical divorce in 2002, just before divorce i received my passport from HO with marriage visa for one year, but our marriage finish in 2002.
i got really upset mentally and after divorce i didnt extend my visa and i went overstay of my visa.
than in 2005 i did my cases for human rights and according to my solicitor im under legacy cases, Till now i have not been heard from HO yet, just acknowledgement that my case is under concideration.
since i open my case i been working with one of the main retail company in UK, they asked me for my working paper and i have showed them my solicitor letter and letter from Ho saying my case under concedration.
My employee has not said to me anything yet, so i am still working.
early 2005 i met to girl and since than we are living together as partners, i have lovely daughter from her, She is on student visa, she came in Uk jan2005.
Now Recently i had copy of HO from my solicitor that i am not allowed to work in united kingdom nor as self employed.
i dont KNow what to do now, i have family here, its impossible for me to stay home without work. Please I am seeking really serious advice. thanks. :( :(

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Unfortunately, it is not usually possible to work while your case is under consideration unless you were on a visa that allowed you to work and you applied before it expired.

In your case, you could ask your MP to petition the HO to allow you to work, which wouldn't have a high chance of success, or marry your girlfriend and convert to a student dependant visa. This route means you lose any possibility of getting further leave or ILR through the legacy system. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Wright
Newly Registered

Re: ******* legacy cases ( please Help ) ********

Post by Wright » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 pm

You can apply for section 4 support.
yaqoob1979 wrote:hello,
i came in united kingdom in 1999 as student, got married to british girl but marriage last few month and we had offical divorce in 2002, just before divorce i received my passport from HO with marriage visa for one year, but our marriage finish in 2002.
i got really upset mentally and after divorce i didnt extend my visa and i went overstay of my visa.
than in 2005 i did my cases for human rights and according to my solicitor im under legacy cases, Till now i have not been heard from HO yet, just acknowledgement that my case is under concideration.
since i open my case i been working with one of the main retail company in UK, they asked me for my working paper and i have showed them my solicitor letter and letter from Ho saying my case under concedration.
early 2005 i met to girl and since than we are living together as partners, i have lovely daughter from her, She is on student visa, she came in Uk jan2005.
Now Recently i had copy of HO from my solicitor that i am not allowed to work in united kingdom nor as self employed.
i dont KNow what to do now, i have family here, its impossible for me to stay home without work. Please I am seeking really serious advice. thanks. :( :(

yaqoob1979
Newly Registered

Post by yaqoob1979 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:55 am

is there any other possibilites that allow me work in here,because it is very hard for me to stay without work,its just no chance

paulp wrote:Unfortunately, it is not usually possible to work while your case is under consideration unless you were on a visa that allowed you to work and you applied before it expired.

In your case, you could ask your MP to petition the HO to allow you to work, which wouldn't have a high chance of success, or marry your girlfriend and convert to a student dependant visa. This route means you lose any possibility of getting further leave or ILR through the legacy system. You have to weigh the pros and cons.
:(

yaqoob1979
Newly Registered

Re: ******* legacy cases ( please Help ) ********

Post by yaqoob1979 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:59 am

hello, wright,
thanks for the information, can you please explain my friend what is sectioon 4. I am really worry because without work its kinda impossible for me to survive.my partner is'nt working at the moment, so its like i am supporitng my partner bringing up my daughter. i am on no benefits and paying my own tax
appreciate for your advice and thanks for the last post.
Wright wrote:You can apply for section 4 support.
yaqoob1979 wrote:hello,

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 am

I think this is what Wright is referring to:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... /section4/

"If your asylum application has been rejected, you must return to your country of origin as soon as possible. However, you may be able to receive short-term support while you are waiting to return to your country. This is known as section 4 support because it is given under the terms of section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999."

Wright
Newly Registered

Post by Wright » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:43 am

yaqoob1979

paulp is correct please read that link. It also apply to destitute asylum seekers who are waiting for outcome of their cases to be decided. It might difficult for you because of your wife is student. She is supposed to be self sufficient. But if you claim for you and child alone you might be successful. Give them a call.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Yaqoob,

You are not allowed to work under any circumstances so do not take further risks. If you are caught working, you are finished.

Best would to apply for Section 4 support. Visit your local Refugee council if you have one and they will assist you further.

Mind you that if you are put on such support, you may have to sign on in your local Home Office.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

ziggystar
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystar » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi, was just wondering why you are paying tax as you are working illegally? My husband was asylum (just got ILR under the legacy scheme) and at one time he worked illegally but would never have had to pay tax. The suggestion about contacting your MP is a good one. Our MP pushed the home office to expedite (deal quickly) with our case on the grounds that we have a son (i am British) and that my husband needed to work. The Home Office would not give him permission to work but the case was dealt with quicker than if we had just waited in the legacy que. If your MP is sympathetic then he could help?

tsvarakadenga2008
Newly Registered

Post by tsvarakadenga2008 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:16 pm

delete