ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 am

IN my previous mails i have metnioed that i have applied:
Jan#06 and so on and my application was sent to Garda on December 8
Rang the office yesterday and told that my application is getting to minister anytime soon (means they have got Garda clearence)
so, just waiting for minister approval

cheers
on the other note, my wife application had received a letter asking my P21, PAYE and salary slip with birthaffidavit and marrige on 1/10/2008,
they told me that they have not received it while i have sent it twice,
:-(
i have no other option but to send it again, this time i am goign to send it with registered post

regards

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 am

astraclub wrote:IN my previous mails i have metnioed that i have applied:
Jan#06 and so on and my application was sent to Garda on December 8
Rang the office yesterday and told that my application is getting to minister anytime soon (means they have got Garda clearence)
so, just waiting for minister approval

cheers
on the other note, my wife application had received a letter asking my P21, PAYE and salary slip with birthaffidavit and marrige on 1/10/2008,
they told me that they have not received it while i have sent it twice,
:-(
i have no other option but to send it again, this time i am goign to send it with registered post

regards
Yes, send them by registered post. And BEFORE sending them, make photocopies of everything you send to INIS, inlcuding any cover letters. The copies and your registered post receipt (with tracking number) is your evidence that you have sent those documents.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 am

Thursday callers :) start warming up...fairly cold day...and yep please post the details if u can :) :)
I will try too
Regards
Tiggs

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 am

To all those who have been told that there application has been completed or has been sent to the minister and have been waiting a while now. Maybe you should write directly to the Dublin office asking for an update as all final processing is done there.I have done same this morning. It seem the Tipperrary office cannot give an accurate update at that stage of processing.

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 am

Called tipp office this morning. Spoke to a lady called Margaret-she said application is still at Gardai check stage-they have asked for the process to be expedited. She said they're trying to clear the old applications as quick as possible. I asked if there's any info thats still outstanding on my part that i could forward on to speed things up and she said no. I did ask if i need to forward them any info from the social welfare and she said no since my application is one of the old applications, there'll be no more checks - suppose at this stage we should take everything INIS say with a pich of salt

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 am

KZN wrote:Called tipp office this morning. Spoke to a lady called Margaret-she said application is still at Gardai check stage-they have asked for the process to be expedited. She said they're trying to clear the old applications as quick as possible. I asked if there's any info thats still outstanding on my part that i could forward on to speed things up and she said no. I did ask if i need to forward them any info from the social welfare and she said no since my application is one of the old applications, there'll be no more checks - suppose at this stage we should take everything INIS say with a pich of salt
I think they're telling the truth. I think they had enough time to do do check on us and I think they truly want to process us as quickly as possible. They're getting a lot of pressure from the minister and the TDs. (However, we can still continue putting pressure :))

By the way KZN, when did you submit your application and when were you asked to provide P21/affidavits/etc. update?

cnu

Post by cnu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 am

Ok just called them, it went to tipperary office, this is what the lady said: I'll send a reminder to Dublin office, older files are in dublin office ...we'll get in touch with you asap. <hung-up the fone>

nseeker
Newly Registered

Post by nseeker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:41 pm

jhbmike wrote:To all those who have been told that there application has been completed or has been sent to the minister and have been waiting a while now. Maybe you should write directly to the Dublin office asking for an update as all final processing is done there.I have done same this morning. It seem the Tipperrary office cannot give an accurate update at that stage of processing.
Hi.

It might be a good idea - what is the address of the Dublin office?
I'll send them a letter asking for update.

My application has allegedly been "with the minister" for months now...

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:01 pm

nseeker wrote:
jhbmike wrote:To all those who have been told that there application has been completed or has been sent to the minister and have been waiting a while now. Maybe you should write directly to the Dublin office asking for an update as all final processing is done there.I have done same this morning. It seem the Tipperrary office cannot give an accurate update at that stage of processing.
Hi.

Department of Justice, Equality and Law reform, Citizenship Division,13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin2

crown

Post by crown » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:02 pm

nseeker wrote:
Hi.

Quite a distressing response today I was told file still with the minister!!!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 pm

crown wrote:
nseeker wrote:
Hi.

Quite a distressing response today I was told file still with the minister!!!
Dont take it that this is necessarily bad news crown. There is a huge backlog

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:20 pm

It also means he hasn't said "No" :wink:

There seems to be a huge backlog in his own office now. I wonder who he will blame for that???

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 pm

I postd my application July 2006, they requested additional info at end of Oct 2008, they started gardai check November. The woamn i spoke to was very sympathetic to our cause but like you said will keep the pressure on them. :wink:

svoorakkara
Newly Registered

Got my approval letter today. But no court date till 2nd Jul

Post by svoorakkara » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi,

I applied in Jan 2006. Sent birth affidavit in July 2008 and P21, payslips etc in November 2008. I got the approval letter today :)

I rang the dublin court (using phone number provided in the approval letter) and they said appointment to take oath is available only for 2nd July. I have travel booked and will be out of the country on that date. The man who answered the phone said the court will break for summer after that and next available date will only be in September for which date is not confirmed yet.

Is there any quicker way to get the oath done?

Thanks

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm

tiggs wrote:Thursday callers :) start warming up...fairly cold day...and yep please post the details if u can :) :)
I will try too
Regards
Tiggs
hi,tiggs

we are meeting here again!!! :wink:
i really do not know about how the naturalisation processing. my husband was asked for p21 etc from the Tipperrary office in Feb 2009. so what stage dose he stay at ? people who on this forum said his application is with minister. it means it is at last stage?

thanks

melon

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 pm

deleted
Last edited by another_immigrant on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Congratulaitons Missy2!!
After a long dry period for good news this is refreshing.

:D

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi A-I, in some of his speeches, Minister Ahern referred to Garda, Social Welfare, Revenue.. as outside agencies or parties. Hope this helps.

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
crown wrote:
goodone wrote:so if someone on dole, and they check, the refusal is guarantee?
I think it depends on the type of dole
They gave my friends - wife on unemployment benefit for months after losing her job and husband never stopped working But I think benefits are your money PRSI paid back to you
Applied in Aug 2006. I was told that they are waiting for outside agencies now. Does anyone know what it means? Is it social welfare etc? Or garda clearance? ( I doubt it's garda clearance because when i asked my status last month, they had been waiting for garda clearance then. now they are waiting for outside agencies) any clues? thanks, AI
I applied in July 2006 - Application is still awaiting gardai clearance-the lady i spoke to today in tipp office said that they will NOT be doing any more check once they get the gardai clearance because they're trying to get through the 'old' applications-i then asked her if i there's any additional/outstanding info from tax or social welfare office that i should forward to INIS and she said no. As far as i'm aware the outside agency is the gardai burea that does the checks. See previous post.

LuasPassenger

Re: Got my approval letter today. But no court date till 2nd

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:50 am

svoorakkara wrote:Hi,

I applied in Jan 2006. Sent birth affidavit in July 2008 and P21, payslips etc in November 2008. I got the approval letter today :)

I rang the dublin court (using phone number provided in the approval letter) and they said appointment to take oath is available only for 2nd July. I have travel booked and will be out of the country on that date. The man who answered the phone said the court will break for summer after that and next available date will only be in September for which date is not confirmed yet.

Thanks
Congratulations!!!

Heybabyy

Re: Got my approval letter today. But no court date till 2nd

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am

svoorakkara wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Congratulations for getting approval. Do you know by chance when was your application recd back from garda (and prepared from minister).

On taking the oath, can you drive to athlone, cork (any other available court). Just go there as well dressed gentleman and see if you can convince them on your circumstances. If I were you, I'll take a week off to try every available court in the country rather than waiting till Sept.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Fyi.. to everyone..
Just saw this document titled General Information on Irish Citizenship (pdf size 63kb) Updated 03-03-2009 got updated recently :

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 030309.pdf

Does any one know/read what are the changes if any? Sounds pretty much same, unless i missed something.

Regards
Tiggs

link where i found the pdf:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000162

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 pm

I just got today a letter from INIS asking for my Current Tax Certificate.

I sent my tax documents when they were requested in September 08.

Has anybody received the same/similar letter?

Are they asking for a "tax update"?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi LP,
My time line is similar to yours... sent additional documents around same time.. haven't heard anything since and if i called(in Jan 09/Feb09) they told me no additional documents required.
Did u send last copy as registered post? most possibly, if so... ask them on Tuesday what is happening there.
Best of luck...
Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi LP,
My time line is similar to yours... sent additional documents around same time.. haven't heard anything since and if i called(in Jan 09/Feb09) they told me no additional documents required.
Did u send last copy as registered post? most possibly, if so... ask them on Tuesday what is happening there.
Best of luck...
Regards
Tiggs
I sent them by registered post and made photocopies actually. But when I read the photocopies again, I realised that I sent my tax assessments for 2006 and 2007 because at that time, INIS requested my tax assessments for 2007. In the letter I got today it requests my "current tax clearance certificate".

What I think happened is that probably they finally got my Gardai clearance. So, somebody was just checking the whole file again and of course, since some time has passed since September 2008, they probably want to get an "update" from my tax affairs.

Anyway, I just sent my request to Revenue for my tax certficiate.

Hopefully this will be the last requirement! The weird thing is that the last time I rang INIS (about two weeks ago), I asked them if they were expecting more documents from me and they said "No".

LP