ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application - Problem with Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jodie78
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application - Problem with Passport

Post by jodie78 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:06 am

Due to the sudden changes in the requirements for the Tier 1 Visa I have had to make a rather hasty decision on whether to apply for the Tier 1 Visa. I currently live in the UK so application would be from within the UK.

With so many different answers on various webistes and unable to get through to the immigration help line I need an answer quick in order to start my application process.

Question: Does the initial application require the original passport? Can the application be sent off with certified copy of the passport and then the original passport requested later? I won't be able to send my passport initially as have my brothers wedding to go to abroad (April 4th) with flights being booked months ago. Bad timing I know. :(

I have had trouble trying to find the list on what is regarded as special circumstances for passport not being submitted on initial application. Unfortunately if I can't send passport I after get back from abroad to add to application then i can't apply for the visa which would be somewhat a spanner in the works.:(

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am

Hi jodie78,
The answer to your question with be a simple NO.

The only circumstance where you can apply without your passport is in the event you lost it / damaged it / some one stole it etc.

Sr members please comment!

Cheers
PG

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:46 am

You cannot apply without passport for Tier 1..

Still i would advice you to check with UKBA.. may be they have something in place..

In case of approval.. where will they stamp yr Visa..?

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 pm

i have a different ( may be risky) advice for you.
Submit your application towards the end of teh month ( say last week) go to you brother marriage and then when u come back ( say seconf week of april) submit your passport as additional documents as teh guidelines say " you can submit addditional documents before the decision is made"

now i know this is a rather non serious advice as the assumption is that decision will not be made untill secon week ( which is quite likely keeping in mind teh time lines HO is follwoing) but the bigger assumption is whether passport is regarded as "addditional" documents?

Seniors please advice .....
:-)

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:23 pm

aspirant09 nice idea.. :)

i am not sure though but dont you think the application will be rejected in the inital screening.. i mean when HO recieves the application, obviously they check the initial documentation sent with the application form (at the time of payment).. obviously not finding the passport (Considering passport as one of important document).. there is a high chance of application rejecton...

What if they accept the application initially and assigned to the case worker before he sends the passport.. its straight rejection.. I would say its a big risk.. unless you want to give it a try (£750 at stake).. but if you do please share your experiance with others..

I would check with HO on this..before hand.. just try to make up some story..

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't think you would be able to apply without your passport in the situation described above.

rnvv
Newly Registered

Post by rnvv » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 pm

my passport is being renewed, i'm trying my best to speeden this up but not sure if it will be back in time for submission of my application before apr 1. i have my old passport, but it expires in may and the authorities have stamped 'canceled' already. any advise? would you know who i need to contact to clarify this?

many thanks.