ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deleted

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:28 pm

very true !!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 021AAxqWC7

Women always win the argument? :twisted:
PaperPusher wrote:
Vanadil wrote:*De-lurks* That was an intresting battle :) *lurks*
Sometimes it isn't worth it, I have learnt my lesson and will not do it again.

Trying to get through to a brick wall just gives you a sore throat. :oops:

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 am

Technically, you would be considered resident in the UK once you come here with the intention of living permanently. The issue then is that you would be subject to UK tax on your income, especially since you would be working in the UK.

I think the difference between what is being talked about (someone on contract from India), and your situation is that someone that is coming here for a contract is not coming here with the intention to live here permanently.

I'm not sure how the UK government would figure out that you're making money in India and working there while residing here with the intent to stay. but...

Also, it could make a difference if there are tax treaties between the UK, and India. I know, for example, that there are between the UK and the US. That could have an impact.

And the final question that you need to find out is if, once resident in the UK, you are subject to tax on your worldwide income. If so, then you would definitely be subject to UK taxes, regardless of where you are making the money. Someone on the site may be able to answer that question.

Good luck.

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Hello,

I am in the uk on hsmp at the moment and have applied for extension under tier1.

I have earnings from the uk, working for a uk based company, paid into a uk bank account. I also have earnings from an indian based company (who i work for in the uk) paid into an indian bank account.

I have paid tax on my indian income only in india. I havent paid any tax on my indian income in the uk. I have only paid tax in the uk for my income from the uk based company.

I am currently awaiting the outcome of my application. Could anyone comment if not paying tax in the uk for my indian income (which stays in india) would cause a problem?

Thank you.

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Priya,

Not sure on the tax part but few of my mates.. working for Wipro and Tech M got their inital and extn approvals.. and their case was similar to yours.. They did not pay any tax in UK for earnings in India.. They are paying tax for their UK salary component.

I think you should ask this question to your company's Finance people in UK.. sure they will be able to conform..

But please share the outcome..

Hope this helps..