ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scared to goto to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_guy777
Newly Registered

Scared to goto to UK

Post by HSMP_guy777 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:48 pm

Dear All,

I have got my HSMP approved and stamped. But now I'm quiet scared to go to UK, what gives me nightmare is, if even after spending 2-3 months in UK I didn't get any job and have to return back and search for job again in my home country, I'll be pretty screwd.

I'm in the filed of IT in finance domain. Any advice how to cover up the risk would be helpful.

Cheers,

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm

For IT professionals the scene is quite good as most IT professionals on this board have been able to land up a well paying job. Also when you are entering a new country with different culture & atmosphere and leaving familar sorroundings, friends and relatives there will be some apprehension for the initial struggle but when you have taken the pains to go through the HSMP process it means that you have a desire to make it abroad. Try to look up job sites in your speciality to get an idea of the prevailing salary levels and demand.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:07 pm

I think you are a right candidate for SWOT Analysis :)

Dude, have faith in your abilities, it will take you through. If you have done thorough market research and you actually are highly skilled, finding job won't be a big issue for you.

All the best.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:42 pm

Sometimes we have to give up a few things in other to achieve others. It's just how life is... If you don't risk, and always place safe you will never achieve higher goals... My advice is go for it! There are great opportunities in IT, and I am sure if your will is strong enough and you have determination you will be sucessful!

;-)

Good Luck!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:22 am

this is funny...

Highly Skilled and yet scared to go to the UK...:-)

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:36 am

It depends which tech you are skilled in. Good experience in niche techs like SAP will be quickly hired.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:36 am

It is normal to be scared. Especially because you are giving something up (a good job, proximity to family) to go to the UK. My suggestion is to plan your move well, contact prospective employers or agencies already before you go. If you can be on leave from your current job (instead of resigning), take that option. A backup plan is always valuable, in my opinion. Get contact info of friends or friends of friends in the UK so you don't get too lonely.

It's important to be positive, but also prepared and realistic. It also helps that you've taken care of the little details to ease the nervousness. Good luck!

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:58 pm

Just save up and be prepared to wait a while. Generally, the better opportunities take a bit over a month, so be prepared.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903