ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment Date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Appointment Date

Post by ilr_hopeful » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am

Hi, I arrived in the UK early in the morning of the 23 May 2004. I'm now applying for ILR and from what date can I take the appointment for?

As per my calculation, I can apply anytime on or after the 25 April 2009. Is that correct?

Sorry to be so pedantic. Best Regards.

munisa

Re: Appointment Date

Post by munisa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 am

ilr_hopeful wrote:Hi, I arrived in the UK early in the morning of the 23 May 2004. I'm now applying for ILR and from what date can I take the appointment for?

As per my calculation, I can apply anytime on or after the 25 April 2009. Is that correct?

Sorry to be so pedantic. Best Regards.
Yes you can apply attend the PEO on or after 25/4/09
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 am

The rule is 28 days before.

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 am

And if I apply after April 01, 2009 (or 6th or whenever the new rules are due in April), will it be for ILR, or am I looking at a Probationary Citizenship?

There are a few threads that speak of Temp Residence (FLR) --> Probationary Citizenship (in place of ILR) --> Citizenship after 1 to 3 years (based on ones "character").

Now is it yet clear if this applies now, or when it will be applied, or if there is any clear-cut directive to its application - any information at all should be good. Is there a Yes-No answer to this, or is it one of those "Has-your-wife-stopped-beating-you?" type questions?

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 pm

New rules not even through the House of Lords yet. So the answer is:
ILR
Have you passed the Life in the UK test??
New SET(M) form from the 6th April, which will show increase of visa fee to £850 for postal and £1050 for PEO in person application. But you probably knew that.

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Yes... passed the test... any idea how I can know my score (purely statistical interest)?

I think its the SET(O) for me. Am aware there'll be a new format of it starting 06 April.

Thanks.