ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds and Application Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds and Application Fee

Post by UKTier1March » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Iam planning to apply for Tier 1 in the last week of March when my maintenance funds would pass the 3 month mark. Iam applying from within the UK. After getting the letter from the HSBC bank for the maintenance funds, I plan to transfer the 750 pounds towards application fee from Flexi Saver(where I have maintained my maintenance funds) to my current account resulting in my maintenance funds being reduced.

I would like to know if the UKBA would by anychance cross-check with the bank to check if I have the required maintenance funds ?
Iam sorry if it is a silly question.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:29 pm

I would suggest u not to take any chance on this.. do not disturb the maintenance fund for which u will provide evidence to them.. they may verify..

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:08 pm

There are not many chances that HO would come to know about the balance into your account. But still Iwould not suggest you to take any risk.
Thinking low is crime....

UKTier1March
Newly Registered

Post by UKTier1March » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Debz and T_mahmood,

thank you very much for your replies. I will not take any risk in this case then..

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Dear Friends,

It would be of great help if you could please help me with the below query, its quite urgent.

Currently im working in UK on Tier1 HSMP Visa, i was earlier working on a Work Permit starting
April 2007, applied for Tier1 hsmp from UK and got it in April 2008 and switched job, my Work permit was still valid till April 2009

My Wife is about to apply for dependant visa under Tier1 General dependant Visa Category.
Can you please let me know how much mantainance funds i have to show for 3 months?

i have been mantaining 1600 - 1700£ for the last 3 months.

Should i show

1600£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

1600£(for Wife only)

or

533£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

533£(for Wife only ) -as i have been in UK for more than 1 year.

there is clause where it states, if the Tier1 migrant is in UK for more than 1 year then mantainance funds for dependant has to be shown minimum 533 £, it does not say under which category of visa has the main applicant to be in uk for more than 1 year, im on workpermit+Tier1 HSMP which will be more than 1 year.

Can someone please let me know?

If anyone can respond to my query, it would be of great help.

Many thanks in advance....

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:01 am

hi....if you are already on TIER1 and in the UK then i beleive u need to show only 533 ( since you are in UK for more than 12 months) for your dependent .
So i will choose option 4 from your list.
:-)

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

thanks aspirant..

i got the confirmation from vfs bangalore office that i need to show only 1600£ for depedant.

there are no funds required to be shown for me.. i have seen lot of people posting here that the main applicant also has to show funds which is not true...

Do u have any confirmation on this as well? that
when dependant applying under Tier1 hsmp from india .. we need not show mantainance funds for us..