ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Insuarance No.?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

National Insuarance No.?

Post by Rex » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:19 pm

I am in London under HSMP.
Please guide how to go for NI no.
What are its requirement?
I heard that they will interview me...if any one has experienced, please share.

Is it true that i cannot do any job without NI No.?

Waiting, please help..........

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Rex,

Welcome to UK. Contact your local jobcentre and ask for phone number of NIN appointments . Call the number and get the appointment.You need to show either that you have a job offer or you have been actively looking for job(print outs will be fine).

You can do job without NIN.I started my job without NIN 18 months ago and went for NIN interview without job offer.

You will also need proof of identity and proof of address. What i suggest before booking the NIN appointment, apply for Porvisional Driving licence(you need to go to DVLA office in Wimbeldon) ASAP and also get atleast one utility bill in your name. The following sequence will help you to get all the ids

1) Get BT line on your name and ask for bill to be sent to your mailing address(if you are not interested to spend money, get the connection with incomming calls only :) )

2)Apply for Provisional Driving Licence

3)Open bank account (You need 1 or 2 and your passport to open account, I recommed Barclays if you are also interested to open business account in near future)

4)Apply for NIN

Good luck

Ali

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:03 pm

if you get a job offer or a rejection, you can also apply for NI without going through the Ali_UK process. The interview seems to be a formality when you have an HSMP. You will need to hold documentation showing that you are actively seeking work.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903