ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 and Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Tier 1 and Dependent Visa

Post by ashwin_srao » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by ashwin_srao on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 pm

You are correct in everything.

One of the requirements for family members of Points Based System migrants is that they must be able to support themselves for the entire duration of their stay in the United Kingdom without needing help from public funds (for example beneits provided by the state). If they cannot, they could face financial hardship because they will not have access to most state benefits.

If the Tier 1 migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

If the Tier 1 migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533
to support himself/herself. For example, the Tier 1 migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to
£800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 +
£800).

ashwin_srao1
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin_srao1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Hello Tapinder,

Thanks
Last edited by ashwin_srao1 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin_srao » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:55 am

Hello All,
Are the new rules coming in April like Master's Degree requirement, effect dependent say my wife too ?

Regards
Ashwin

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:57 am

I would wait for the details.. but for now.. looks like it will not impact the qualification of the dependent..

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Dear Friends,

It would be of great help if you could please help me with the below query, its quite urgent.

Currently im working in UK on Tier1 HSMP Visa, i was earlier working on a Work Permit starting
April 2007, applied for Tier1 hsmp from UK and got it in April 2008 and switched job, my Work permit was still valid till April 2009

My Wife is about to apply for dependant visa under Tier1 General dependant Visa Category.
Can you please let me know how much mantainance funds i have to show for 3 months?

i have been mantaining 1600 - 1700£ for the last 3 months.

Should i show

1600£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

1600£(for Wife only)

or

533£(for Wife) + 800£(for me)

or

533£(for Wife only ) -as i have been in UK for more than 1 year.

there is clause where it states, if the Tier1 migrant is in UK for more than 1 year then mantainance funds for dependant has to be shown minimum 533 £, it does not say under which category of visa has the main applicant to be in uk for more than 1 year, im on workpermit+Tier1 HSMP which will be more than 1 year.

Can someone please let me know?

If anyone can respond to my query, it would be of great help.

Many thanks in advance....

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Got a reply from VFS after mailing them who told..

you need to show 1600 £ only per dependant.. i dont understand why you want to show mantainance funds for urself when u already have got ur hsmp visa and working in UK.. was the statement they made.

this message is to all those people who are pointing that the main applicant being in uk and working on tier1 hsmp has to show 800 £ which is not true..

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk

dima
Member of Standing

Query on filling dependent Application form

Post by dima » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi All,

I'll be moving to UK on Tier 1 visa.. My hubby & kid will apply from India in few days' time.
Can anyone tell who should sign for the Child ( dependent) of Tier1 applicant's application form?
In my case myself( main aplicant) or my hubby( the co-applicant with our Child).. who will sign ?? :roll: ....

Senior members pls suggest.

Tx