ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online saver account - Do I need a stamp ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

online saver account - Do I need a stamp ?

Post by golu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I am going to use my online saver account as proof of maintenance, as it is an online account i dont get statements,

I am going to get the transaction of last three months printed on HSBC logo paper. Do I still need a signed and stamped letter saying that balance is maintained from the bank ?

If yes, do you know who can sign this document for me from HSBC, i.e does it have to be some manager ?

thanks,

Golu

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

obviously, yes.. it needs to be attested..

But it needs to be attested by whom.. not sure abt that.. i dont think i have come across this in the guidance.. but do refer to the tier1 guidance for which i just provided the link, in my other post.. in case u find sumthn there..

i think, if any HSBC auth official attests it with company stamp, signature, date, phone number.. it shud do..

any expert opinion wud be appreciated here..

golu

Post by golu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:40 pm

thanks for your input Debz, but do HSBC actually ever stamp a statement ?

dnd
Newly Registered

Post by dnd » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 pm

you can ring them up and ask them to send you the statements...if they do that that should be sufficient. it looks just like a normal statement.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:45 am

dnd wrote:you can ring them up and ask them to send you the statements...if they do that that should be sufficient. it looks just like a normal statement.
I think this is a better option too.

golu

Post by golu » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 am

unfortunately they cant send any statements, its a strictly online account...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Golu,

You need to call HSBC telephone banking and ask them to send the statement. Tell them you need it for Visa purpose and its very urgent. I did the same and I received it.

Besides this, HSBC also gives stamped statements (when you walkin to the branch). In my case, they also put a stamp on the statements of ONLINE SAVER ACCOUNT. Though the request was denied earlier and it need little persuasion.
golu wrote:unfortunately they cant send any statements, its a strictly online account...

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:57 am

pop into your local branch, talk to them that you need them to print statement (or financial history) of your online saver account due to visa application. they will then print the statments on their HSBC letter head. I used this on my HSMP visa extention and got the visa today.

hope this helps. :lol:

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Agree to inzellhsw.. and if people at your nearest branch do not entertain you try some other branch..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Agreed nksg,

As I said HSBC would need little persuasion which means you might want to argue with them. I went to holborn branch where I was rejected. I then requested letter from the bank confirming maintenance(which was turned down initially) funds and had to fight my way through the HSBC to get the letter and the online saver Bank Statement(stamped).

nksg wrote:Agree to inzellhsw.. and if people at your nearest branch do not entertain you try some other branch..