ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Born Babby with student Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammy72
Newly Registered

Irish Born Babby with student Visa

Post by sammy72 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:05 pm

HI guys
i have a very serious query....
I am a non EU student (girl) stamp 2. I am not married and had a babby last week from a Non EU man .
The father of my babby is married to an EU citizen and he is presently on stamp 4EUFAM and living in ireland on stamp 4 from last 5 years as married to EU Citizen..
He got stamp 4 on the bases married to EU Citizen...
He is still living with her EU Citizen wife....
So my question is will my babby get Irish Passport because my babby's husband is a tax payer from last 5 years and he is on stamp 4 .
Your help would be very much appreciated.
regards
sammy

sammy72
Newly Registered

Post by sammy72 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Sorry my babby father is a tax payer and living on stamp 4 from last 5 years

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Sammy,
They posted this leaflet recently check it out. Might answer some of ur questions:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 030309.pdf

Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Citizenship through birth in Ireland

A person born in the island of Ireland to parents, at least one of whom is an Irish citizen, is entitled to Irish citizenship. Generally, if both parents are non-nationals, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years. This does not apply if either parent was a British citizen and also does not apply if either parent was a person entitled to reside in Northern Ireland or the State without any restriction on his or her residence.

How long Have you been here?
It will depend upon ur residency as your baby's father might not be legally bound as you are not married.

Regards
Tiggs

sammy72
Newly Registered

Post by sammy72 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi i am living in ireland from last 1 year as a student on stamp 2 visa.
so u mean that my babby can get Irish passport because the the father of the babby is living and working in ireland from last 5 years on stamp 4.

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

re

Post by lakeside1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 pm

I think its clear that your baby is entitiled to an irish passport as the father has been legally resident in ireland for over 4 years,It does not matter if they are married or not just as long as he signs the birth certificate to confirm he is the father.

sammy72
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sammy72 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi from the link u gave me :

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 030309.pdf

Generally, if both parents are non-nationals, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years.

Does it apply in my situation:

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

re

Post by lakeside1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey sammy...give ur self a break lol...u just gave birth
YES your child is entitled to an Irish Passport...no questions...
I wont go into the morality issues of doing this as its none of my biz and the problems ur baby's dad could get into if his eu wife finds out.BUT your child is definite ly entitled to an Irish passport if your partner signs the Birth cert and provides the relevant documents.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes,
they might ask for birth certificate etc... And there is no harm in calling INIS from public phone.. without giving your details.
Regards
Tiggs

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:55 pm

sammy ur babby is definately entitled for irish passport no doubt
take it easy
arsalan