ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence funds must for HSMP dependent visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

web2005

evidence funds must for HSMP dependent visa?

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi,

I am in UK under old HSMP rules since August 2005. My passport is endorsed with 'RESIDENCE PERMIT' till August 2010. Never been on TIER 1 general or points baased system. Now to apply for my wife's dependent visa.

Do I have to show maintenance funds?

I tried to get information from local visa application center and they said no need to show funds and pay reduced fee but still asking her to fill VAF 10 which is for PBS Tier 1.

If she fills this form there is specific question about maintenance funds. Can you please suggest how to answer this question?

I am desperate for help as worry of being rejected due to no maintenance funds evidences is stopping us to make application. Has anyone here been in similar situation? Any help will be appreciated.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Being on HSMP under old rules I think I am not in UK on TEIR 1 general or PBS category and my wife should get the same status as me.

Since the introduction of PBS and TIER 1 General, there is no information on UK Border Agency website for those who are on HSMP. What is the procedure to apply for their dependents?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

Any senior member? Please help as this situation is very confusing and I am not getting definite answer to my questions. Not even from consultants.

I am sure other board members must have faced similar situation.

Cheers.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

I've the similar situation and this is what the VFS guys advised me.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

HSMP - Dependent (Child) (Where the principal applicant visa has been stamped HSMP VISA before 1st April 2008 and the endorsement reads HIGHLY SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM) should complete VAF 2 and the visa fee is 15400. Maintenance does not apply.

For more information on suggested documents please log on http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk or www.ukvisas.gov.uk or www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk or www.vfs-uk-in.com also please find the attached documents for your reference.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

web2005

Post by web2005 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 pm

saratbabu07 wrote:I've the similar situation and this is what the VFS guys advised me.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

HSMP - Dependent (Child) (Where the principal applicant visa has been stamped HSMP VISA before 1st April 2008 and the endorsement reads HIGHLY SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM) should complete VAF 2 and the visa fee is 15400. Maintenance does not apply.

For more information on suggested documents please log on http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk or www.ukvisas.gov.uk or www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk or www.vfs-uk-in.com also please find the attached documents for your reference.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com
Many thanks for your reply. I guess you are applying from India. My wife will be applying from Pakistan. Local visa application center gave same information about the funds but told her to fill VAF 10. Myself, I thought it should be VAF2. Just wondering what if we fill VAF2 and visa applicaton center don't accept it? While VAF10 says on the top right hand that this form is for TIER 1 general applicants which is not definitely our status. Very confusing..... :roll: :roll:

Are you going to show any funds with your application? I am thinking to show end balance £1000 pounds but not maintained for 90 days.