ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

beloved

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

beloved

Post by lakeside1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I hear all this talk about British immigration(uk border force) being dearly beloved and all that..while I understand this fact but it is not restricted here alone.
Europe is Institutionally dearly beloved..while a lot of non eu (along with their Eu spouses) are happy with the freedom of movement directives which helps us stay together...BUT..those non eu spouses being forced to have recidence permits in EU countries cannot even work in the EU office in Brussels themselves until they are citizens which could take 8 years in a country like Ireland or 6 years in the UK...thats double standards.
I always applauded the EU commission until I found out that my friend who is American and has a PHd from oxford (irrelevant for employment purposes) and married to his Irish wife for over 6 years and legally resident in the Eu for 4 years cannot apply or work in the European commission until he gets a EU passport...he was told on application that he was ineligible because he was non -eu,he expalined he has been resident in the EU and married to a EU citizen for over 6 years.I have since been researching on the EU institutions and have out not a single black,asian or any other ethnic minorities are negligibly represented .SHAME :(

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:22 am

This is a double post...can be locked.