ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:14 pm

What document u r referring to? p21 or something else?

tom4

email the minister?

Post by tom4 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Has anyone considered emailing the minister (minister@justice.ie) and asking about the pile of applications sitting in his office awaiting approval?

I'm too scared myself, due to the whole "absolute discretion" thing!!

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Tom,
Any email i ever sent to email address ending with @justice.ie doesnt get answered. Said that there is no harm to email and see.
Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 pm

cnu wrote:What document u r referring to? p21 or something else?
Yes, this is similar to P21. I cannot have a P21 because I pay income tax in addition to PAYE.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:01 pm

LuasPassenger

If you are self-employed, then you require Notice of Assessment (NOA) i.e equivalent of P21 for PAYE. However, you cannot get 2008 NOA until you file Income tax return (F11). And legally the deadline is Nov 2009 for that and they can't force you to file F11 for 2008 so early.

So if you have provided 2007 NOA, that must be sufficient to deal with the application. You can give them P60 for 2008 and tell them that this is what you can provide at the moment.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

KZN wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
crown wrote:
goodone wrote:so if someone on dole, and they check, the refusal is guarantee?
I think it depends on the type of dole
They gave my friends - wife on unemployment benefit for months after losing her job and husband never stopped working But I think benefits are your money PRSI paid back to you
Applied in Aug 2006. I was told that they are waiting for outside agencies now. Does anyone know what it means? Is it social welfare etc? Or garda clearance? ( I doubt it's garda clearance because when i asked my status last month, they had been waiting for garda clearance then. now they are waiting for outside agencies) any clues? thanks, AI
I applied in July 2006 - Application is still awaiting gardai clearance-the lady i spoke to today in tipp office said that they will NOT be doing any more check once they get the gardai clearance because they're trying to get through the 'old' applications-i then asked her if i there's any additional/outstanding info from tax or social welfare office that i should forward to INIS and she said no. As far as i'm aware the outside agency is the gardai burea that does the checks. See previous post.
Thanks KZN. The strange thing is that they were waiting for garda clearance in january when I rang them. That was the only outstanding check. But when I rang them again this week, they said they're waiting for outside agencies... and they said 'don't worry about' and it may take another 6 months maybe 1 year... It looks like the garda clearance hasn't arrived yet since Oct 08... it's been 5 months now... I applied in 2006 and it's been totally 31 months... this is a joke. I heard it's only 4/6 months in the UK. I think we made a big mistake... To be honest I personally started to regret. I hope someone from INIS is reading this comment.
regards, AI.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Heybabyy wrote:LuasPassenger

If you are self-employed, then you require Notice of Assessment (NOA) i.e equivalent of P21 for PAYE. However, you cannot get 2008 NOA until you file Income tax return (F11). And legally the deadline is Nov 2009 for that and they can't force you to file F11 for 2008 so early.

So if you have provided 2007 NOA, that must be sufficient to deal with the application. You can give them P60 for 2008 and tell them that this is what you can provide at the moment.
This is what I thought as well. I will see what Revenue replies. If they tell me I have to wait till Oct/Nov, I will write to INIS again.

Thanks for your advice Heybabby!

LP

crown

Post by crown » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 pm

This is what I thought as well. I will see what Revenue replies. If they tell me I have to wait till Oct/Nov, I will write to INIS again.

Thanks for your advice Heybabby!

LP[/quote]

Most likely Revenue will tell you you have to wait I was told the same thing It is quite surprising that INIS does not know this

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks KZN. The strange thing is that they were waiting for garda clearance in january when I rang them. That was the only outstanding check. But when I rang them again this week, they said they're waiting for outside agencies... and they said 'don't worry about' and it may take another 6 months maybe 1 year... It looks like the garda clearance hasn't arrived yet since Oct 08... it's been 5 months now... I applied in 2006 and it's been totally 31 months... this is a joke. I heard it's only 4/6 months in the UK. I think we made a big mistake... To be honest I personally started to regret. I hope someone from INIS is reading this comment.
regards, AI.[/quote]
AI.. I know the feeling. All I can say to you is: just be patient for a little more. I am sure you will get it very soon. All the best of luck.

dublinislander
Newly Registered

Tax Clearance Certificate

Post by dublinislander » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:57 am

The tax clearance certificate is needed if your self employed. This certificate is issued by Revenue and reflects your "clearance" for the last tax year - it basically means as far as Revenue is concerned you are "clear" and good!

You can apply for this Tax Clearance Certificate online at www.revenue.ie, they offer a service where this will issue within 24 hours. Imagine just 24 hours!!! If only all government could work so fast....

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:40 pm

deleted
Last edited by another_immigrant on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuasPassenger

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:28 pm

dublinislander wrote:The tax clearance certificate is needed if your self employed. This certificate is issued by Revenue and reflects your "clearance" for the last tax year - it basically means as far as Revenue is concerned you are "clear" and good!

You can apply for this Tax Clearance Certificate online at www.revenue.ie, they offer a service where this will issue within 24 hours. Imagine just 24 hours!!! If only all government could work so fast....
Thanks dublinislender. This is exactly what I did on Friday (applied on Revenue's website). So, hopefully I'll have the TCC by Monday or Tuesday.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Here's the link for applying tax clearance

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflet ... rance.html

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Here's the link for applying tax clearance

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflet ... rance.html
Thanks Heybabbyy! That's exactly where I went.

I'll keep you guys posted of my progress.

Thanks,

LP

cnu

Post by cnu » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:28 am

Good luck LP!

pahadia
Ireland

Birth & Marriage Affidavit

Post by pahadia » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm

I have scan copies of birth & marriage affidavit forms. I know lots of poople in the past (including me) were looking or these. Does anyone know how to upload these images into this forum ?[/img]

Nehro
Ireland

Re: Birth & Marriage Affidavit

Post by Nehro » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:46 pm

pahadia wrote:I have scan copies of birth & marriage affidavit forms. I know lots of poople in the past (including me) were looking or these. Does anyone know how to upload these images into this forum ?[/img]
Use this website:
www.4shared.com
then write the links on this forum

Regards

Old_Timer
Newly Registered

Got an approval today

Post by Old_Timer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Just for your info who might be interested to trace how they're progressing. I got my approval today, after 3 years and 5 months of waiting. Application was handled in Dublin's office.
Hope everybody alse who submitted their application in 2005 will get theirs soon too!
Good luck everyone.

anotherimmigrant

Re: Got an approval today

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Old_Timer wrote:Just for your info who might be interested to trace how they're progressing. I got my approval today, after 3 years and 5 months of waiting. Application was handled in Dublin's office.
Hope everybody alse who submitted their application in 2005 will get theirs soon too!
Good luck everyone.
Congratulations, i bet you have relieved. could you please tell us

basis application, profession and nationality of ur's?

Old_Timer
Newly Registered

Post by Old_Timer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi AI...
I had applied on the "regular" 5 years rule living and working in Ireland. By the way I'm working in IT industry...

Cheers

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:36 pm

Old_Timer wrote:Just for your info who might be interested to trace how they're progressing. I got my approval today, after 3 years and 5 months of waiting. Application was handled in Dublin's office.
Good luck everyone.
Congratulations!

crown

Post by crown » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Good luck everyone.
Congrats
2005? What a long wait

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

Post by Jakes_26 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 am

Any Callers today with updates?

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Jakes_26 wrote:Any Callers today with updates?
Applied April 2006. Still with Garda.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Jakes_26 wrote:Any Callers today with updates?

Hold the line for 29 minutes, still no body answered. :-(

BDSK