ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dearly beloved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

dearly beloved

Post by lakeside1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:57 pm

I hear all this talk about British immigration(uk border force) being dearly beloved and all that..while I understand this fact but it is not restricted here alone.
Europe is Institutionally dearly beloved..while a lot of non eu (along with their Eu spouses) are happy with the freedom of movement directives which helps us stay together...BUT..those non eu spouses being forced to have recidence permits in EU countries cannot even work in the EU office in Brussels themselves until they are citizens which could take 8 years in a country like Ireland or 6 years in the UK...thats double standards.
I always applauded the EU commission until I found out that my friend who is American and has a PHd from oxford (irrelevant for employment purposes) and married to his Irish wife for over 6 years and legally resident in the Eu for 4 years cannot apply or work in the European commission until he gets a EU passport...he was told on application that he was ineligible because he was non -eu,he expalined he has been resident in the EU and married to a EU citizen for over 6 years.I have since been researching on the EU institutions and have out not a single black,asian or any other ethnic minorities are negligibly represented .SHAME :(

UKBAbble

Re: dearly beloved

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 pm

lakeside1234 wrote:I have since been researching on the EU institutions and have out not a single black,asian or any other ethnic minorities are negligibly represented .SHAME :(
Have any applied for a post?

xpscapable
Australia

Re: dearly beloved

Post by xpscapable » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:27 pm

lakeside1234 wrote:I hear all this talk about British immigration(uk border force) being dearly beloved and all that..while I understand this fact but it is not restricted here alone.
Well you know what, why don't you go back where you come from then if you think this place is that bad?

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

re

Post by lakeside1234 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:56 pm

To the last poster,this is a forum where we exchange ideas ,opinions and experiences.If you do not share my opinion on the matter ,you do have to use abusive language.It just shows lack of maturity and people like should not be allowed to be in the forum

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin_srao » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 am

Well lakeside1234,
I am not here support anyone or condemn anyone but I think that such topics should not discussed at all in a public forum like this and What is the point anyway? If you think you have subjected to Injustice then you should approach the Court of Law.

No more discussions on this please.

netacct

Post by netacct » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Topic is ok to discuss but its under wrong category. It should be under general discussion category.

This category is for UK Tier I visa related matters...