ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 FLR Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gps

3 FLR Questions

Post by gps » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:30 pm

1) is registering with GP is same thing as registering with NHS ?? I tried to register with GP but he told that he will register me after my visa extension (which will expire next month). will it be any issue for FLR ?

what is NHS registration ??

2) Is it required to get 'Provisional Driving Licence ' for FLR ? what is the procedure to take it ? I have Indian DL.
I work in Central London and stay in Hounslow, which is the nearest place to take 'Provisional Driving Licence' .

3) any idea abt P45/P46 ?? My office people told me to fill that form, but I am waiting for my NI no.

Pl advice.

Regards,

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:02 pm

i don't think you need PDL for FLR

with an Indian DL you can drive in the UK for 1yr starting from the day you entered the UK but i would request you to take the PDL and take up some lessons and read the driving theory book

as you have to follow a lot of signs and rules and it's not like driving in India

Also when you get your PDL u will have to give a theory test as well before you take up your practical test for a UK license

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:00 am

Hi Olisum,

It was really a nice info about the DL in UK. Can u pelase tell em how much does it cost in total? i mean right from taking some classes to appearing for a theory adn practical test?

Would appreciate this info as well,

Dhaval

gps

Post by gps » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:05 pm

Hi olisun,

Thanks for ur reply abt DL.

If you know Pl let me know abt NHS and P45/46 also.

Regards,