ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translations required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bred

Translations required?

Post by bred » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello. I would like to apply for Tier 1 (General) this month. However, I am unsure as to whether or not I require translation of my documents. My documents (degree certificate, etc.) are in Ukrainian and I was not required to translate them for the six month tourist visa I got in 2007. My degree is on the NARIC database but my degree certificate is in Ukrainian, not English. At the Embassy in Kyiv there are Ukrainians so I should not need translations of my documents, right?
Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Translations required?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi Bred,

I think you would need to translate your documents into English. You don;t need to translate document in tourist visa but Tier 1(General) is different from tourist visa. HO would like to know details of your degree as you are planning to work in UK which was not the case with tourist visa.
bred wrote:Hello. I would like to apply for Tier 1 (General) this month. However, I am unsure as to whether or not I require translation of my documents. My documents (degree certificate, etc.) are in Ukrainian and I was not required to translate them for the six month tourist visa I got in 2007. My degree is on the NARIC database but my degree certificate is in Ukrainian, not English. At the Embassy in Kyiv there are Ukrainians so I should not need translations of my documents, right?
Thanks in advance.

bred

Post by bred » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks for your advice. The people at the Embassy speak Ukrainian and will be capable of looking up my degree on the NARIC database to see that it is there and gets me 35 points. However, I will get the certificate translated to be safe. What other documents (if any) do you think should be provided with translations?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 am

You must translate your degree before applying otherwise you woud be rejected. Check the forum and you see some cases where applications were rejected because of not translated the documents. Even you have to translate your bankstatments.
Thinking low is crime....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 am

Hi Bred,

You just need to submit translated document. Translation should be done by BHC authorize/recognised notary/translator(if you are outside UK).

From within the UK you can get it done from any translator who is cetified by "Institute of Translation and Interpreting".

I got translation done from within UK. Translator also provide me letter saying that he can be contacted in case of any doubt.

bred wrote:Thanks for your advice. The people at the Embassy speak Ukrainian and will be capable of looking up my degree on the NARIC database to see that it is there and gets me 35 points. However, I will get the certificate translated to be safe. What other documents (if any) do you think should be provided with translations?

bred

Post by bred » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:41 am

chetanojha wrote:Hi Bred,

You just need to submit translated document. Translation should be done by BHC authorize/recognised notary/translator(if you are outside UK).

From within the UK you can get it done from any translator who is cetified by "Institute of Translation and Interpreting".
Hi. I phoned the UK Embassy in Kyiv and the woman said that I don't need to have the translations done by an agency and that I can translate the documents myself. This seems to contrast with what you are saying.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Check Guidance Notes, Page 6 Point 14 :

Where a document is not in English or 14. Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.
bred wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Hi. I phoned the UK Embassy in Kyiv and the woman said that I don't need to have the translations done by an agency and that I can translate the documents myself. This seems to contrast with what you are saying.

bred

Post by bred » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 am

Ok. I will get everything translated professionally then. I phoned the woman again and she said the same thing as before. Maybe I should refer her to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant !

Thank you.