ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

problem with Bank Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitrkk

problem with Bank Letter

Post by mitrkk » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:03 am

Hi all ..

this is in regards to "Documentary evidence for Maintenance (Funds)".

I had been a customer of my bank for the past 4 years with direct deposit of my salary each month. Inspite being a good customer, the bank is not willing to give a statement in the requested format. I dont know what to do.

The UK consulate website asks for a letter in the following format
Personal bank or building society statements
These should clearly show:

* your name;
* your account number;
* the date of the statement (dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application);
* the financial institution’s name and logo;
* transactions covering the three month period;
* that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2800). The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

But my bank sent an email stating in the below

Please note that on an Account Verification Letter, we are unable to
list individual transactions posted to your Online Savings Account. The
Account Verification Letter will include only the following information:

- Current Balance
- Average Balance
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date
- Total Amount Deposited.

my question is ..Will it be OK if I print the online statements for the past 3 months from my account and submit the letter from the bank given in the above format....

Please suggest...

Thanks,
KK

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 am

I don't think it will work.
Ask your bank to provide statement on their stationary and sign & seal it.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: problem with Bank Letter

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi,

Bank has to provide you a letter showing the details of past months with the details you want on the letter. Though Bank may charge you uptop £8.50 (which is legal) for the same. I had the same problem with HSBC (and so does most people in the forum).
Alternatively, walkin to the bank and ask them to provide you bank statement of past 3 months and stamp it.
Online statements are not valid unless they are stamped/authorised by bank. The format you have mentioned is not a valid format and is not accepted as Average(funds) doesn't reflect the maintenance of funds in your account for past 3 months.

mitrkk wrote:Hi all ..

I had been a customer of my bank for the past 4 years with direct deposit of my salary each month. Inspite being a good customer, the bank is not willing to give a statement in the requested format. I dont know what to do.

* your name;
* your account number;
* the date of the statement (dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application);
* that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2800). The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

- Current Balance
- Average Balance
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date

my question is ..Will it be OK if I print the online statements for the past 3 months from my account and submit the letter from the bank given in the above format....

Please suggest...

Thanks,
KK

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

As others have stated, you need evidence that the total maintenance requirement has not slipped under the required amount. The average amount does not confirm this. Therefore, you need to pressure your bank further into giving you the appropriate evidence.

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 am

Yes, my bank is HSBC. there are very very few branches in the US..luckily there is one in chicago .. i went to the bank and asked personally ..explaining her my situation about the visa...still no use...
there are giving hardtime ...even she says that she can give the letter ONLY in the below format...

the only other option is to ask them to give original statements for the past 3 months..
even that way they charge $5 / per statement...

it doesnt seem fair to me ...but i guess i have no choice...
chetanojha wrote:Hi,

Bank has to provide you a letter showing the details of past months with the details you want on the letter. Though Bank may charge you uptop £8.50 (which is legal) for the same. I had the same problem with HSBC (and so does most people in the forum).
Alternatively, walkin to the bank and ask them to provide you bank statement of past 3 months and stamp it.
Online statements are not valid unless they are stamped/authorised by bank. The format you have mentioned is not a valid format and is not accepted as Average(funds) doesn't reflect the maintenance of funds in your account for past 3 months.

* your name;
* your account number;

- Current Balance
- Average Balance
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date

Please suggest...

Thanks,
KK

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 am

HSBC has been pain in neck for many forum members. Try walkin into another branch and then another.
You should also older bank statement as well as it will take some time to arrive and additional corroborating document will not do any harm.

mitrkk wrote:Yes, my bank is HSBC. there are very very few branches in the US..luckily there is one in chicago .. i went to the bank and asked personally ..explaining her my situation about the visa...still no use...
there are giving hardtime ...even she says that she can give the letter ONLY in the below format...

the only other option is to ask them to give original statements for the past 3 months..
even that way they charge $5 / per statement...

it doesnt seem fair to me ...but i guess i have no choice...
chetanojha wrote:Hi,

* your name;
* your account number;

- Current Balance
- Average Balance
- Account Number
- Account Opening Date

Please suggest...

Thanks,
KK