ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

success ILR 5yr workpermitat PEO Glasgow, my experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teekay_tk

success ILR 5yr workpermitat PEO Glasgow, my experience

Post by teekay_tk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 am

Hi all
Just to share my experiance. Booked in August for November but cancelled due to visit to Home. Booked again in January for date 5th of March.
Arrived at PEO Glasgow about 45 mins before appointment. Dependants didnt travel with me. I had a letter of explanation for thier absesnse but was not asked for it. There is a lot of on street parking space in front of the PEO. Went in throught a security check. dont carry your phone with you as you wont be allowed to take with you inside the building, it is left with the security man and you are given a tag number for it. Went in side and waited for my number to be called. Its loud and clear, so you cant miss it. Was called 5mins later. The first person asled for application, payslips (3=months) , bank statements (3 months), worpermits, life in UK test pass certificates, passports letter from employer. then he asked me to go back to waiting room and that i will be called in some time. was called 5mins later, he gave back all the items, said application was ok and i could proceed to payment when called. waited in waiting room for sometime, then got called by the casier. payed £950 by creditcard. Got reciept for it. Then came back and sat down in waiting room. Got called again in 5mins by the final caseworker. He ased for "the same documents you gave to me collegue", then went of to photocopy. took about 5mins, came back , gave documents back and said that they were giving me ILR, but i had to wait about 30 mins for the passports. got called again exactly 30mins later and given passports.

my bank statemens were slighly in overdraft but no questions were asked. my life in uk test pass certificate had my name spelled wrong (L instead of I) and i had letter explaing this mistake from the test centre. no questions were asked as well. I arrived at 12 and left by 1:15 so it was very quick and very easy. plus there were very few applicants arround on this day.
Last edited by teekay_tk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

munisa

Post by munisa » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 am

teeeky-tk,
Congratulations. That was super fast and hope things remain the same when we also get to that point. Just one question though, Is it a requirement for someone to with his dependants? I cant imagine myself wife and several children in there?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:59 am

hi teekay_tk

well done.

just out of interest, could tell us what was the format of the letter you got from you employer

Thanks

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:30 pm

i asked home office and lady on the phone said that although they are advised to say dependants should accompany, but if i bring along a letter from my wife saying why she and the toddler couldnt make it then that should be fine, but then i must have all the documentation for the dependants with me.

so i got a letter from wife, but was never asked for it. no one seemed bothered about the dependants.

about the letter from employer,

it says that i am with them since date xx-xx-xx and that i am curently earning xx , and that i am on an open ended standard contract.

the employer being a university knew exaclty what is wanted as they have provided these many times before

crazychris

Re: success ILR 5yr workpermitat PEO Glasgow, my experience

Post by crazychris » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Teekay,
Thanks for your poster. How can you book an appointment 3 month in advance? Are you applying yourself or via solicitors? Can we share your experience of making appointment via telephone? i.e.what time you successfully called PEO?

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 am

i just called them, and they picked up the phone and then i asked for appointment which ever was the next and they gave me the appointment. nothing too complecated.

munisa

Post by munisa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:33 pm

teekay_tk wrote:i asked home office and lady on the phone said that although they are advised to say dependants should accompany, but if i bring along a letter from my wife saying why she and the toddler couldnt make it then that should be fine, but then i must have all the documentation for the dependants with me. so i got a letter from wife, but was never asked for it. no one seemed bothered about the dependants.
Teeky,
Thanks. Thats very helpful. I think I will carry a truckload of documents just to be safe in case they want every bill and purchase receipt I have. Hope they dont ask how many Tesco Club points wife has accumulated.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!