ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative Review Supporting Documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ljp150
Newly Registered

Administrative Review Supporting Documents

Post by ljp150 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi All,
I applied for a Tier 1 - General Migrant visa under the points based system from the United States.
I have been refused entry clearance because I submitted two forms of proof of previous earnings that the entry clearance officer considered to be from the same source. If I would have gotten the 45 points for the previous earnings section, I would have received 80 points, and met all further requirements of the application.
I would like to submit an administrative review with additional supporting evidence of my previous earnings. I know that I must fill out the Administrative Review Request Notice with an explanation of why I believe that my refusal was a mistake. Can somebody let me know what else I should send with the notice. Should I send the supporting documents that I sent with my original application as well as the additional documents that prove my previous earnings? Do I need to send my passport or any other supporting documentation as well?
Also, my spouse applied as a dependent, and therefore also got refused. How do we appeal for his rejection?
Prompt responses are much appreciated as we would like to submit the administrative review request as soon as possible.
Many thanks!

dextar

Re: Administrative Review Supporting Documents

Post by dextar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 am

As per my knowledge you cannot show additional documents on review. When you request for a review HO will review your application and will not accept any additional documents. Best thing is to re-apply. I know it will cost you but it was your mistake so you have to pay.

ljp150
Newly Registered

Post by ljp150 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:24 am

Thanks, dextar, for your response.

Can anybody confirm if this is the case? The letter that was sent to me says not to send additional documentation unless specifically requested by the reviewer or if the application has been refused under paragraphs 320 7A or 7B of the immigration rules.

If I submit my request stating that I have additional documentation of my proof of previous earnings, is it possible that they will request the documentation and award the points?

320 (7A) reads:

(7A) where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

Though it's not entirely clear to me, I believe that this falls into the category of "material facts have not been disclosed".

Finally, if I do have to reapply, does my husband have to reapply as well or can he appeal his refusal after I (hopefully) gain approval?

Thanks again for any input.