ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aug applicant approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ha
Newly Registered

Aug applicant approved

Post by ha » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:43 pm

I have recently received my approval letter (aug-04 applicant). Many thanks to everyone in the forum. Though it took over 10 months, but the positive decision relieved me to some extent. Now I've to prepare myself for another battle- FOR EC, I'm planning to do this from delhi branch.
Though i've searched a lot on this forum yet i want someone to comment on these two queries:
Can my close relative in USA sponsor me for EC, since i've only 4000+GBP in my bank?
Shall I apply for only myself at this time (& not for my wife & a kid), although i've about 2000+GBP deposited in my spouse's name?
As far as accomodation is concerned, i don't have any relative/close friend in UK, so am fully relying upon hotel/hostel accomd over there.

BEST OF LUCK for all those july-nov 04 applicants who r still waiting. I'm willing to share my experience with everyone out there.

Thanks a lot again
hemant

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:22 pm

good to hear that and congratulations!!!!!!!!

just to get an idea of the progress of the Q, could you tell us the dates when you applied

thanks & best of luck with your EC

ha
Newly Registered

Aug applicant approved

Post by ha » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:24 pm

Thanks dear.
application date: 25th aug,04
appln. no.: 0253**
decision letter recd: 1st July,05

ha

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:38 pm

If you apply for EC with dependents you should show the EC officer that the accomodation you chose is suitable for you and your dependents, ie. can't be a crowded place, need to have enough rooms/space for everybody.

I guess if you apply alone it would be easier for the EC officer to believe that someone will sponsor you, I am not sure if the EC would believe that someone will sponsor you and your family as well... But then if you have enough documents to base your claims on, it might work...

ha
Newly Registered

Aug applicant approved

Post by ha » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am

Thanks for ur comments. I intend to apply for myself at this stage, but am wondering if 4000+ GBP (in my a/c) will be sufficient AND 2000+GBP in my spouse's a/c will be accounted for??? Any suggestions..

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:05 am

I think 4000GBP should be okay if you have accommodation sorted out. But in any case make sure you properly highlight a 2-3 month budget of your arrival in the UK considering 4000GBP.

This may go along way in helping the ECO taking a positive decision.

In any case, all depend on the initiative of the ECO.

Just check out some guys experiences and use it to your advantage. This one by stone may be helpful:

Stone wrote:
As you people might have remembered my first EC application was refused for three reasons.
i- lack of funds
ii-lack of sponsor's documents
iii-conflict in statements.

As per senior members' advice on this forum, I REAPPLIED instead of "making an appeal". Alhumdulillah, now in second attempt, I am issued EC for 1 yr along with my family.
Thanx alot to all those on this forum.

The interim period between first EC and second EC was difficult. Making second EC was even difficult as they could have raised any objection. But I collected the following...

i- sponsor's letter of invitation
ii-sponsor's contract of employment
iii-proof of his residence..."tenancy document" and in second case the sponsor was having his own home, so a document of his property.
iv- his monthly wage slips
v-his bank statement

that was from sponsor.

Aparat from arranging these documents, this time my application was more organized. I strongly advise all people who are applying for EC that take some time out and do the following,
i- make a budget of 1yr..including accomodation expenses, living expenses, maintainence expenses, travelling, and income etc.
ii- Prepare a good Covering letter. It should have atleast the following things.
A- Financial Proofs.
I subdivided the section into two sections i.e.
a) Cash
b) Assests....
Both included a conversion into GBP.
As a proof of these I attached the documentary proofs as well.
B- The covering letter should also have accomodation plan. It should be as clear as possible.
C- It also should have some description about your job search and how easily would you find a job.

I think the covering letter helps alot.
One it allows you to prepare for the interview, Two it helps the embassy in evaluating your application.

Since I have through this process twice, my thinking is that they ask specifically about
i- funds [ i think it should not matter alot, if they are current transactions as long as you can confidently say that they are OK]. That is people usually don't keep money in cash...but you have to proof that it is the way it is.
ii-accomodation....either hotel booking or above mentioned proofs from banks
iii-job search plan....

Now, there were some questions the lady asked for checking the confidence..
e.g. she was very quick in asking questions
I said I have done lot of projects...she asked what you did in ur last project....
She asked where is ur job letter...I said I had none...she said in which companies u applied...I did not remember the names...but I promptly gave her the name of a recruitment agency and told that this is the company that I applied in. In my heart at that point i was abusing her...
Lastly she asked me about series of questions about the sponsor...
So be confident...be very quick and be prepared....
Thats my story...My Allah, family, friends,,,and many other people helped me thru this tiring process....Many thanx to all these people. May Allah bless you all.

amitvapi
Newly Registered

Back Ground

Post by amitvapi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am

Congrates!!!

its always nice to here approval.

can u pls tell us what is your back ground and how much points u claimed.

i am september 1st week applicant. how long i hv to wait.

BEST OF LUCK !!!

Amit
India,Gujarat.

amitvapi
Newly Registered

Post by amitvapi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:59 am

have u submit ungent request form??

Amit

ha
Newly Registered

Aug applicant approved

Post by ha » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:58 pm

have u submit ungent request form??
Yes

can u pls tell us what is your back ground and how much points u claimed.
I had claimed about 95 points (over 28 category- including spouse points), but don't know how much they awarded since the decision letter dodn't mention abt it.

i am september 1st week applicant. how long i hv to wait.
I have heard that some sept applicant on this forum have got approval, pls check the posts on this forum