ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Application Status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Silwin
Newly Registered

EEA4 Application Status

Post by Silwin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Posted my application early September 2008

Recieved a letter to send in my dads P60's at the end of Feb 2009

Just waiting for the rest.

billi
Newly Registered

Post by billi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Posted my application early june 2008

receved COA in August

nothing since :evil:

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 pm

billi wrote:Posted my application early june 2008

receved COA in August

nothing since :evil:
Could you both kindly explain your history please. i.e. Your status before applying? Divorsed/separeated.....? or still with your partner.
KESH

billi
Newly Registered

Post by billi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 pm

mine is very straight forward and still married. my 5 years expired so i have applied for PR

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:48 pm

billi wrote:mine is very straight forward and still married. my 5 years expired so i have applied for PR
It is little bit wierd situation within HO. I have seen some posts here where people applied in Sept 08 and got theirs quickly. Even some one applied in Nov. 08 and HO requested them more documents in Jan 09. May be HO is working on all EEA3/EEA4 applications on random basis. Even their website says they are considering all the applications prior to Feb 08.

But on other hand I strongly believe they are dealing the applications in different way. Say if you apply together using EEA3/EEA4 it is quicker. If you only apply as non-eea on EEA4 then you might need to wait little longer then those who apllied together. And if you are divorsed or separated then you have to wait longer then any one else.

That is what I think by looking at different cases on this website.
KESH

Silwin
Newly Registered

Post by Silwin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm

keshgrover wrote:
billi wrote:mine is very straight forward and still married. my 5 years expired so i have applied for PR
It is little bit wierd situation within HO. I have seen some posts here where people applied in Sept 08 and got theirs quickly. Even some one applied in Nov. 08 and HO requested them more documents in Jan 09. May be HO is working on all EEA3/EEA4 applications on random basis. Even their website says they are considering all the applications prior to Feb 08.

But on other hand I strongly believe they are dealing the applications in different way. Say if you apply together using EEA3/EEA4 it is quicker. If you only apply as non-eea on EEA4 then you might need to wait little longer then those who apllied together. And if you are divorsed or separated then you have to wait longer then any one else.

That is what I think by looking at different cases on this website.
My dad is an EEA national and i am a non EEA and i sent my passport along with my mums who is also a non EEA for my PR.

I don't know how the home office works with thier applications but it seems like if they have asked for documents then it looks positive to get my passports soon. May be because its a family application which is why it could be picked up early

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 am

According to Article 10 of Directive 2004/58/EC, article 10:
"The right of residence of family members of a Union Citizen who are not nationals of a member state shall be evidenced by the issuing of document called "residence card" of a family member of a Union citizen no later than six months from the date on which they submit their application."

By not processing applications within 6 month period, the UK Border Agency is simply breaking EU law. I suggest that if your application is not processed within 6 months that you send a formal complaint letter indicating this.

If you are tired of the long processing time for residency application you may want to sign my petition - if we can get 200 signatories the Prime Minister will be forced to respond formally on this subject:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/

Cheers. Eric

Silwin
Newly Registered

Post by Silwin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

i sent a query to SOLVIT last week

I have now recieved a reply from them that they would be happy to take my case as it should have been dealt within 6 months.

Forwarded them the casefile today. Hopefully it should be resolved soon (if they can)

ukjing123
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Application Status

Post by ukjing123 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Silwin wrote:Posted my application early September 2008

Hi Silwin,

Just wondering if you have received your PR now? Also, why they only requested your dad's P60's after 5 months? What kind of supporting documents you had sent before?

I am preparing my EEA4 application so any suggestion or advises are most appreicated.

Many thanks.

ukjing123
Newly Registered

Post by ukjing123 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Silwin wrote:i sent a query to SOLVIT last week

I have now recieved a reply from them that they would be happy to take my case as it should have been dealt within 6 months.

Forwarded them the casefile today. Hopefully it should be resolved soon (if they can)
Sorry Silwin..I did not see your last post.

Hopefully you will get your PR soon.

Take care.

Silwin
Newly Registered

Post by Silwin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:03 pm

ukjing123 wrote:

Hi Silwin,

Just wondering if you have received your PR now? Also, why they only requested your dad's P60's after 5 months? What kind of supporting documents you had sent before?

I am preparing my EEA4 application so any suggestion or advises are most appreicated.

Many thanks.
Hey,

I still haven't received my PR yet. But i have now spoken to my local MP and looks like things are speeding up now.

For my eea i had to send my dads passports .. 3 months worth of pay slips and my dads residence cards ..
I think thats all i have sent ..

Their service is appalling. The customer service staff are so crap that they would not want to me. My days ... good luck to you though. make sure you start chasing things up as soon as 6 months are up. i made a mistake by leaving it too long
Rgds
Silwin

ukjing123
Newly Registered

Post by ukjing123 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Silwin wrote:
ukjing123 wrote:

Hi Silwin,

Many thanks.
Hey,

I still haven't received my PR yet. But i have now spoken to my local MP and looks like things are speeding up now.

For my eea i had to send my dads passports .. 3 months worth of pay slips and my dads residence cards ..
I think thats all i have sent ..

Their service is appalling. The customer service staff are so crap that they would not want to me. My days ... good luck to you though. make sure you start chasing things up as soon as 6 months are up. i made a mistake by leaving it too long
Rgds
Silwin
Hi Silwin,

Yes, the HO is terrible...I had very bad experiences with them while renewing my residence card nearly 2 years ago. I cannot remember how many emails, faxes, letters I had sent to them to finally get it sorted – what happen was, they lost my husband’s ID as well as my passport with the residence card. I don’t know how to describe the pain and stress I have been through for this. Now, here we go again…I need to apply my PR.

This is a very stressful experiences and it’s no joke for anyone.

Just out of interest, is your dad excising his treaty right through employment? Did you send 5 years of his payslips, or P60s..etc? This is the case for me.

One of my friends did not apply directly but via his lawyer for EEA4. It also took him 1 years and 2 months to get his PR. Seriously, I don’t know what is going to happen to me this time

:cry: