ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pure_soul

No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March 2009

Post by pure_soul » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Sorry guys not a good news for those who are studying PGD. From 31 March 2009 no PSW on PG diploma and certificates (Only PG Certificate in education to be eligible)

Check the link and read point number '111'.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

111. In the first row of Table 9 of Appendix A, for “a UK postgraduate certificate or diplomaâ€

phoenix777

Re: No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March

Post by phoenix777 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 pm

[quote="pure_soul"]Sorry guys not a good news for those who are studying PGD. From 31 March 2009 no PSW on PG diploma and certificates (Only PG Certificate in education to be eligible)

Check the link and read point number '111'.

111. In the first row of Table 9 of Appendix A, for “a UK postgraduate certificate or diplomaâ€

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:31 am

It worked when I used the link above.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:42 am

No worries mate. The first one from the top in the index and then point number 111.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/

waseemh115
Newly Registered

hello

Post by waseemh115 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 am

thanks
Last edited by waseemh115 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 am

No PSW on PG diploma and PG Certificates after 31/3/09

After 31/3/09 PSW only on UK recognised bachelor or master degree and PHD.

Simple enough?

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 am

pure_soul wrote:No PSW on PG diploma and PG Certificates after 31/3/09

After 31/3/09 PSW only on UK recognised bachelor or master degree and PHD.

Simple enough?
  • hi all,
    postgraduate certificate in education means what? is it like normal certificate or diploma, if different who are awarding body?

any one can explain in details.
    thanks

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 am

Post Graduate Certificate in Education is like Post Gradute Certificates in Business and IT but this one is authenticated and recognised because no colleges but only universities can offer this certificate and oviously if education is not ur field then u wont go for PGC in Education..i mean if u studied business in ur bachelors den u cant go for PGC in education unless u have a strong base in education and u get admission in this course in uni ...besides if u r able 2 open the above link then on page 40 u can see the first line clearly stating:

"Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will receive no points for post graduate
certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate Certificates of Education."

so that means an end to college scams because oviously colleges donot have the power 2 issue a degree of bachelors or masters!

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 am

Guys, not trying to interrupt this post but can someone clarify this with me. I’m on IGS and going to extend for PSW in June. I got the IGS for PG Diploma. Does this mean that I won’t get the extension when I apply in June. Can’t apply before 31st march as I don’t have 3 months funds until June.

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March

Post by S_hope » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

pure_soul wrote:
People who have applied and will apply before 31 March 2009 will still get PSW on PG diploma and certificates. Pending applications will get PSW on PGdiploma and ceritficates provided all other requirements are met.

Hope this helps
What if one has completed the course in OCT 2008 (PGC /PGD) and has gone back to home coutry for 6-7 months and now wants to do out country application. Will the home office look at 31st March 2009 new rules date or the course completion date (OCT 2008 which is still under 12 months) as one can apply within 12 months to gain the points. right? please clarify.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:53 am

What will happen if someone has PG dip/certificate and his visa (pending applications since Oct/Nov,2008) is refused due to the funds e.g.£800 not closing balance. And the person receives the refusal letter after 31st March.The applicant has to appeal.How his case will be considered after appeal according to the new rules or old rules?If new rules are applied PG dip/cert not accepted.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Biswanath wrote:What will happen if someone has PG dip/certificate and his visa (pending applications since Oct/Nov,2008) is refused due to the funds e.g.£800 not closing balance. And the person receives the refusal letter after 31st March.The applicant has to appeal.How his case will be considered after appeal according to the new rules or old rules?If new rules are applied PG dip/cert not accepted.
The appeal will be considered under the old rules as the initial application was submitted at that time.

Tier1G
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1G » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 pm

desnetk wrote:Guys, not trying to interrupt this post but can someone clarify this with me. I’m on IGS and going to extend for PSW in June. I got the IGS for PG Diploma. Does this mean that I won’t get the extension when I apply in June. Can’t apply before 31st march as I don’t have 3 months funds until June.
Same situation here. Anyone help please?

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 pm

desntk: I have already answered you in your topic IGS extension so wt else do u wana kno?? ok let me say it in english this time. You might not have to ask again HOPEFULLY. IGS TO PSW TRANSITION gives 75 points straight away. This rule has not been changed. So you will get your IGS to PSW in June 09. dont ask 3rd time now yeah? lol chill

S_hope: If he applies before 31/3/09 he will get PSW. If he applies after 31/3/09 then no PSW. It doesnot matter if he has completed his course in Oct 08. Simply if you apply after 31/3/09 then no PSW on PG diploma/certificate.

Biswanath: Mate did you read my first post? Anyways pending application will be dealt under rules before 31/3/09. Similarly apeals for pending cases will also be dealt under guidance rules before 31/3/09. So you will be fine. Dont worry.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Hello pure_soul, thank you very much indeed.The answers are crystal clear now.The only question I have now is that how many more weeks HO will take to clear the pending applications? I have stopped phoning HO as everytime same answer i.e. your application is waiting for further consideration.Regards.

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:09 pm

gusy, i don't understand what postgraduate certificate in education. because pgc or pgd in business management or information technology is also in education.

Tier1G
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1G » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:35 pm

phoenix777 wrote:gusy, i don't understand what postgraduate certificate in education. because pgc or pgd in business management or information technology is also in education.
No, if you check UKBA website you'll find education is an independent category which is totally different from business management or information technology.

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

education itself is a field of study as business , IT , engineering , medical etc .

aliramish
Newly Registered

pls give me an advic

Post by aliramish » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 pm

hi guys
i read the above but different views make me completly confused. let me tell you very clearly that i m doing pgd in managment level 7 and the awarding body is adexel so if i apply for psw in oct 2009. will i get psw or not. cheers to all in advance helping me and kind regards

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 pm

first of all u aint eligible on edexcel PG Dip bcoz it isnt in the any of the following list which home office refers for th points assessment:
1.Recognised Bodies
2.Listed Bodies
3.Recognised Awards
so just rechek with home office first wether if they acknowledge edexcel diplomas and secondly after 31st march no matter wether its edexcel or oxford university's PGDip , they wont acknowledge it at all !

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 pm

pure_soul : appriciate your reply.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:54 pm

desnetk wrote:pure_soul : appriciate your reply.
Cheers mate. No worries :wink:

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:39 pm

wikiali
Newly Registered

The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Base

Post by wikiali » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 am

itz nuffin to be worried if u r qualified.jokin

latest news from bia 12 march 2009

check the website:

u need adobe reader.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

pg diploma is not applicable for psw ( tier 1) afetr 31 march
we will need uk postgratuate certificate in education .

so first of all we need to clear what is postgratuate certificate in education.
so this certificate is direct entry to master i mean this programme meets the prerequiste entry to masters offered by any university.

to get this certificate ur field of education same as ur previous education which gona lead to ur master. so u u kant change ur field of study after enrty to this country.

however there is no evidence of abuse of the qualification and students must meet robust requirements including mandatory previous qualifications in order to gain this qualification.and u ll get points for this qualification.if ur level of qualification is same as previous field.

The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

now serious well blood after 31 march pg diploma or certificate will no be applicable for bachelors degree points .so u ll not get 30 points for ur diploma .all u kan get is 5 points for uk experience ( education).

as far as below 20000 income is concern so u wont get any point for income below 20000 .all u kan get is 5 point uk experience( earning) if ur income is over 16000.

so as u aware u kan get 5 points 4 uk experience wether earning or education.

so so far u have 5 points.

now lets move forward ...

age points same as old.

under 28 =20
under 29= 10
and so on

education points : so blood tiz topic iz full of rumors so i want to clear confusion of all guys who are spreadin rumors dat we need uk master degree.

so blood pd diploam is no more valid so u wont get points as for bachelors degree ( uk standard)

blood we all need masters degree equivalent to uk bachelors degree compared by uk naric.so we need letter of comparibility from uk naric.
before people from back home who have done bachelors degree ( hons) specialy de get same level as uk.i mean

some bachelors degree ( hons) = uk bachelors degree ordinary=0 points
so we have to get master degree as uk need highly qualified people.

so back home masters degree = uk bachelors degree ( hons) =30 points

good news for 20 person masters from renowned universities in india = uk masters degree

nd pakistan ,bangladesh ,srilanka masters = bachelors neway .

bad news for students who have didnt pass matriculation or intermediate but de have done pg diploma from uk colleges or unis.

well m not blamin dem ,i mean to say is for get admission in pg diplma ur education have to be equivelant to uk bachelors degree which iz back home masters as i explained earlier .
and ur background must be from da same field .

i will explain thiz in thiz way dat lets say i have done bachelors in computing from back home but here i have got da admmision in postgratdutae diploam in business administration which is not my field .

all i want to say is problem is only for those who dun have masters degree from back home and u kant show dem fake degree as de verifying everything.even from back home.

so lets kum to earnings: according to new points affecting after 31 march 2009.

20000 pounds = 10 points ( prvious 15 points)

23000+ = 15 points

27000= 20 points

30000= 25 points

34000+ = 30 points

37000+= 35 ponits

40000= 40 points

44000=45 points

now again bad news for students over 29

guys u need 34600 pound earning for claiming 30 points so da only way u kan get 34000 is self employed juz bcoz of credit crunch.lol

so da problem is we have to pay 40% tax ,8 % ni( national insurance) 2.30 pound weekly ni contributuion for class 2. so at da end of day u ll pay 9000 pound in taxes after exemption .

check da hm revunue website:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm

so it includes ur employment aswell i mean if m gettin 2000 pounds from ma job nd rest of da money m getting by being self employed so we need 34000 so in thiz case da taxes are same.

now intelligent people try to understand that at the end of day whatever we gna earn ,we gna give back to hm revunue ,den rent food ,traveling etc

so all they want is tax thats y de makin rules toughest .

and lets say if u get tier 1 so it means not dat u ll close ur business which was only in papers coz for three years u have to give dem p60.

before if anybody was gettin hsmp so at the end of third year i mean last year of hsmp visa de were showing dat i was doin business and de were getting hsmp extension but guys if u check da new rules for hsmp extension .we wont be livin here .

coz all u will get after 7 years is british passport nuffing else .hahhaa
why i ma saying is for citizenship u have to be in this country for 7 years .coz after completeing five years on hsmp de gna give u probationary citizenship for 2 years den u switch to permenat citizenship. and in dat stay u ll have to show p60 last 5 years so tax tax and tax.

check it out website:

so dun go for rumors and plan what to do in future.and believe in ALLAH

thanx guys sorry if i have hurt someone emotions.

keep in touch and enjoy
cheers

[/size]

despondent
Newly Registered

Re: The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points

Post by despondent » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 pm

[quote="wikiali"]itz nuffin to be worried if u r qualified.jokin

latest news from bia 12 march 2009

check the website:

u need adobe reader.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

..................... hurt someone emotions.

keep in touch and enjoy
cheers

[b][/size][/b][/quote]

hi, i just want to know, that i am already on Tier 1(PSW) which i got on the basis of PG Cert, my question is, how will i extend my stay to Tier 1 (General) do i have to do Master first before applying for Tier 1 (General)?