ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jmanvnuk4
Newly Registered

Urgent help

Post by jmanvnuk4 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi,

Currently, I am under IGS scheme. My visa expires on 29th May. I don't notice that I must have 800 in my account AT ALL TIMES to extend my visa. So I just put more than 800 in my account on 8th March. Until I send my application (I plan sending on 27th May), I've got about 12 days short of money. But the home office will not read my application immediately. So let's say I send my bank statements covering from 08 March until 08 May. When the final bank statement arrives, I will send it to them. So when they read my application, the fund will be available in 3 months. Do you think it is possible I just bend the rule like this ? What is my chance of success ?

BTW, I have been accepted by one investment bank who approves to make work permit for me starting this September. If they let me stay just 3 more months, then it is straightforward for me just to get the work permit. If not, the bank solicitor told me that I would have to return to my home country and apply oversea. However, I do not want to travel home this summer.

I really need advice from you if possible. Thank you for reading and I really appreciate your time.

Best regards.

marakby
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help

Post by marakby » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm

The 3 months requirement of maintaining £800 in your case would end on 7 June considering you have made the deposit on 8 March.

I would not advise you submit an incomplete Tier1 (PSW) application without enclosing your bank statements showing the required funds. This will only bring you a refusal. This is one of the main features of the new Points Based System.

If your employer has already obtained a sponsor licence, the can sponsor an application under Tier2 without you having to go back or even maintaining £800 if the bank is an A-rated employer.

koolbone

Re: Urgent help

Post by koolbone » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm

jmanvnuk4 wrote:Hi,

Currently, I am under IGS scheme. My visa expires on 29th May. I don't notice that I must have 800 in my account AT ALL TIMES to extend my visa. So I just put more than 800 in my account on 8th March. Until I send my application (I plan sending on 27th May), I've got about 12 days short of money. But the home office will not read my application immediately. So let's say I send my bank statements covering from 08 March until 08 May. When the final bank statement arrives, I will send it to them. So when they read my application, the fund will be available in 3 months. Do you think it is possible I just bend the rule like this ? What is my chance of success ?

BTW, I have been accepted by one investment bank who approves to make work permit for me starting this September. If they let me stay just 3 more months, then it is straightforward for me just to get the work permit. If not, the bank solicitor told me that I would have to return to my home country and apply oversea. However, I do not want to travel home this summer.

I really need advice from you if possible. Thank you for reading and I really appreciate your time.

Best regards.
The thing about this maintenance rule is that the HO is extremely strict about it. You will be refused if you have even 1p less than the £800 for the three month duration or if your statements are less than 3 months.
The truth is I do not know if you would be successful if you send the statements from 8 May to 8 June after sending your initial application. It's a risky thing to do but it could well pay off.
I wish I could advise you on what best to do. I've been going through these boards for months and I must confess, I haven't quite seen anyone who tried this.
Hopefully, someone else can advise you.
All the best