ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office reference number(s)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debz

Home office reference number(s)

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

I’m currently holding a HSMP (non-JR) visa that will expire in May’09. I was a work permit holder before I got my HSMP visa. I am confused with few questions in the application form for extension. I tried to hunt for answer to my queries in this forum but my case is bit different from the one available here. Members, who already filled this form and got their visa, please help me.

1) Home office reference number (A4 or B10) - Is it the 'Our reference' number mentioned on the HSMP approval letter (appears on the right.. before the start of the mail body)?

2) B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
Is it the 'Our reference' number mentioned on the Work Permit letter or the 'Permit number'?

Regards,
Debjani.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Home office reference number(s)

Post by gotcha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 pm

debz wrote: 1) Home office reference number (A4 or B10) - Is it the 'Our reference' number mentioned on the HSMP approval letter (appears on the right.. before the start of the mail body)?
That number will be there on your HSMP approval letter(as well as visa wriitten as HO ref).
debz wrote: 2) B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
Is it the 'Our reference' number mentioned on the Work Permit letter or the 'Permit number'?
Same as 1.

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:37 pm

gotcha wrote:
debz wrote: 1) Home office reference number (A4 or B10) - Is it the 'Our reference' number mentioned on the HSMP approval letter (appears on the right.. before the start of the mail body)?
That number will be there on your HSMP approval letter(as well as visa wriitten as HO ref).
debz wrote: 2) B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):
Same as 1.
Hi Gotcha,

Thanks for uor response.. but there is a bit of problem here..

when it comes to my HSMP approval letter vs. it's visa, i dont see any number that is there in both :cry: which one do i consider?

reg the WP ref number, i just saw that there is a clearly mentioned thing called 'Worker reference number'.. this is what they want.. (sorry to say that i dont see this anywhere in the WP visa too)..

Please clarify further.

Regards,
Debjani.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:44 pm

when it comes to my HSMP approval letter vs. it's visa, i dont see any number that is there in both :cry: which one do i consider?
One on your letter.Usually if its EC from outside UK, they print or write same number on it as HO ref. Use number on your HSMP appr.

reg the WP ref number, i just saw that there is a clearly mentioned thing called 'Worker reference number'.. this is what they want.. (sorry to say that i dont see this anywhere in the WP visa too)..
Yes, use same number.

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

@Gotcha.
Yes.. that may be possible.. I applied for my HSMP from UK.. after approval, I went back to India to resign from job and settle things to come back here.. so I got my EC from India.. this might have complicated the thing..

Anyways, as told by you, I will use the ref. no. mentioned in the HSMP approval letter..

Thanks for your help.

Oh, one more quick question.. B13 (i.e. Point Based System migrant reference number).. I was assuming this to be same as B10 (HO ref no.).. am i correct?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:01 pm

debz wrote:
Oh, one more quick question.. B13 (i.e. Point Based System migrant reference number).. I was assuming this to be same as B10 (HO ref no.).. am i correct?
yes.

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 pm

thanks again.. all ref. number issues sorted out at last :lol: ..

spexysandy
Newly Registered

Post by spexysandy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello Guys,

I too have some confusion about the reference nos.

I am applying for HSMP/Tier 1 extension.
For section A4 and B10: I have HO ref no. (a 5 digit no.) written by pen on my visa. Is this the number to be mentioned in A4 and B10?

I also have confusion about section D4:
"Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document"

Is this the numbers in red which is in the right top corner of the UK EC/visa?

Your response would be most helpful.

regards,
Sandeep
debz wrote:thanks again.. all ref. number issues sorted out at last :lol: ..

debz

Post by debz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:05 am

For section A4 and B10: I have HO ref no. (a 5 digit no.) written by pen on my visa. Is this the number to be mentioned in A4 and B10?
=> To be safe, it's better that you use the number mentioned on the HSMP approval letter.. it's called 'Our reference'..
"Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document"
=> Yes.. that's what ppl who have already applied has pointed out..

spexysandy
Newly Registered

Post by spexysandy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks a lot.

regards,
Sandeep
debz wrote:
=> To be safe, it's better that you use the number mentioned on the HSMP approval letter.. it's called 'Our reference'..
=> Yes.. that's what ppl who have already applied has pointed out..

Edelweiss

Please help

Post by Edelweiss » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 pm

The number on my first extension letter that says "our reference" does not appear anywhere on my visa, in fact my HSMP visa number doesn't appear anywhere on my visa. I have filled in the HSMP number, as per the letter into the block for HSMP ref number, but I am not sure if I should put the number under "our reference" into the block for Home Office Reference Number. Anyone else have experience with doing a second extension?

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Is it a mandatory field? can we leave it blank?

any thoughts please,

Thanks,
Ravi

ravi6666

Post by ravi6666 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm

I mean the home office reference number,