ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone banking with HSBC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitrkk

anyone banking with HSBC

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:59 pm

i am having hard time dealing with these people for the bank letter ..
they don't give the verification letter in the required format..

just wondering if anyone's banking with them ..if they too had problems with them ..
if so ..how did they deal with it ..

suds19

Post by suds19 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Don't you have HSBC bank statements with you? If so, then you don't need any other letter from bank.

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:11 pm

i have online statements ..

should i not attach the letter as well ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: anyone banking with HSBC

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:11 pm

mitrkk wrote:i am having hard time dealing with these people for the bank letter ..
they don't give the verification letter in the required format..

just wondering if anyone's banking with them ..if they too had problems with them ..
if so ..how did they deal with it ..
As suds.. mentioned..

For maintenance if you have all the required banks statements for showng the maintenance for 3months than that evidence is enough and you dont need to get one more evidence of letter from bank.. Bank statements are enough...

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Ok ..thats good news thankyou ...

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:19 pm

also ..

can you guys please suggest on this
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36468

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:19 pm

but if you have online statement .. should get it stamped and signed from bank... check quidelines for details

JD

suds19

Post by suds19 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

My application was successful with email statements from HDFC bank. The email statements were exact replica of paper statement and great thing was I can apply for email statement for any period online and they mail it within 48 hours.
I took colour printouts of email statements (pdf docs) on A4 paper and then got them signed and sealed by nearest branch and it worked !!

See if HSBC has same kind of facility. How does the online statement looks like? Does it have all relevant details like logo, your name, account number, etc. ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

jd wrote:but if you have online statement .. should get it stamped and signed from bank... check quidelines for details

JD
they dont have problem sigining n stamping the online statements.. their main problem is to write a letter in a required format as per guidlines..

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:51 pm

you can always call their call center and ask for paper statements in proper format. I have been doing the same for past 3 yrs...

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Ok . I called this Lady at the local branch ..and she was kind enough to print the last three statements dec 08, jan 09 and feb 09 on their original letter head and put it in an envelope...all i need is ..to go and pick them up ..

Advisors...this sounds OK right ? ..also I will attach the letter the bank sends in whatever format...

thanks,
KK

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:49 pm

mitrkk wrote:Ok . I called this Lady at the local branch ..and she was kind enough to print the last three statements dec 08, jan 09 and feb 09 on their original letter head and put it in an envelope...all i need is ..to go and pick them up ..

Advisors...this sounds OK right ? ..also I will attach the letter the bank sends in whatever format...

thanks,
KK
This should be OK.

Funnily enough, I had no problems with HSBC at all. I wrote to my branch manager and requested a letter. I was contacted a few days later by a customer services representative to clarify what details they needed to put down and returned an appropriate letter to me within a week. I was impressed, after hearing some of the other horror stories that others seem to be having with them on this issue.

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 pm

I did go to the bank and she pretty much printed those of the internet like I did and I asked her if she can atleast print 'color printer'.. she said she doesnt have one..also she said ..she doesnt have a stamp ..."she was like what stamp" ..but she gave me her card and she said I can attach it to the statements and the letter ..so if they call her she can talk about it..how am not sure if it works..

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 pm

mitrkk wrote:I did go to the bank and she pretty much printed those of the internet like I did and I asked her if she can atleast print 'color printer'.. she said she doesnt have one..also she said ..she doesnt have a stamp ..."she was like what stamp" ..but she gave me her card and she said I can attach it to the statements and the letter ..so if they call her she can talk about it..how am not sure if it works..
I think this is the issue. If the branch doesn't have a colour printer somewhere in the HSBC corporation, thyey should have one. All it takes for them is to ask somebody in customer services to print out an official colour statement and then send it to you by post.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 am

Have you tried walk into the other HSBC branch. I have got online bank statement (colour+stamped) from one branch whereas denied by other branch.
You can also order the statement by calling customer service.
mitrkk wrote:I did go to the bank and she pretty much printed those of the internet like I did and I asked her if she can atleast print 'color printer'.. she said she doesnt have one..also she said ..she doesnt have a stamp ..."she was like what stamp" ..but she gave me her card and she said I can attach it to the statements and the letter ..so if they call her she can talk about it..how am not sure if it works..

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I am just having so hard time with these HSBC people...
I called the CS people..she tells me that even if I order the statements, they would be the same as I print off from the Internet except that I have to pay the fee for each statement..
she says she cannot print the statements on the BANK letter head ...

can someone pleas explain ..wht does it mean by stamp / stamped ?

so I can explain to the lady at the branch ...

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

@mitrkk.
Do u have an online saver a/c or the normal savings? Or have u gone paperless for uor savings a/c?

Sounds strange to me as my bro has recently got two extra copies of his statements for his dependants.. the extra copies have same look and feel as the original (except that it says 'duplicate' on top)..

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

I have an online saver account and they denied me to provide that letter,
they said they wont mention any amounts on the letter..

However i found out today that you can order for online saver account statements to be sent via post just like normal statements on ad hoc basis, I have alread ordered lets see if they look like normal statements..

Also one of the senior members advised me that if I I manage to get the last three months transaction on hsbc paper and get it signed and stamped, then it will suffice, wont need any other letter..

keeping my finger crossed...

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:58 pm

yes..i have online savings account ...thats wht the customer service people tell me...even if they send by post it would be the same as the one we print off the internet..it doesnt sound very encouraging ..but just wanted to let u know...i have my biometrics appointment tomorrow and dont have much time to play with these bank people ...

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

mitrkk,

how come you have a biometrics appointment without applying ??

do we need to take that appointment in advance ?

mitrkk

Post by mitrkk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

from the United States you can apply online and once the application is submitted ..they redirect to the biometric appointment...