ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier application in person ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

Tier application in person ?

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:08 pm

guys,

can we apply for tier1 extension in person now ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sopendoors

wats the fees ??

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier application in person ?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 pm

golu wrote:guys,

wats the fees ??
YES.. but from 6th April as your link shows..

From 6 April 2009, you will be able to use the 'premium service' at any of our five public enquiry offices if you are applying under the following categories of the points-based system

drjabberwocky23

Re: Tier application in person ?

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:13 pm

golu wrote:guys,

wats the fees ??
Yes - and the extra fees will be worth it when it comes into erffect, if nothing else, but for piece of mind!

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

any more input on this ?
does anyone know wat the fees will be ?

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

its £950

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 pm

where did u read lilmeow ??

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm

golu wrote:where did u read lilmeow ??
told by a reliable visa counsultat

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:47 am

looks like HSMP visa extension are NOT eligible for same day service
though

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

The offices cannot consider your application if you are:
a person with exceptional leave to remain;
a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
applying for permanent residence on the basis of 14 years' residence;
applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme;
a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor (form BUS)
a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks for the info, umanghere.
umanghere wrote:looks like HSMP visa extension are NOT eligible for same day service
though

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant.

nksg

Post by nksg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 am

Looks like T1 extn is still a question at PO...

I would contact PO for the conformation.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/

to what i have seen in the list of fees,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ponsorfees

there is a mention of extn application at PO..

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:10 am

Although the news update on UKBA Website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sopendoors
says, that one can apply for Tier-1 (General) in person as a premium service, I am not too sure, whether they will be able to provide a same day service (it doesn't say on the website that it is a same day service though!!!), considering they might want to verify some of the documents at least in some cases.

I have used the same day service (premium application) for my child born in UK, which was a straight foward application, and took less than 1.5 hours.

I would doubt if they can offer (Extension/Switch) under Tier-1 (General) on the same day of application. I guess it only says that you can apply in person (just for peace of mind that the applcation is received by HO in person and not relying on post/courier) and it is not guaranteed that one will get the passport back with Visa on the same day, as in some cases, they may go for verification checks or other checks and it may take longer to carry out these chekcs.

Has any one booked an appoinment for this?
If some one has booked this, hopefully we will find out about this service next month, once it goes live.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:20 pm

The link says following categories are eligible for same day service

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... eoservices

Points based system
tier 1 (post study work) - form Tier 1 (Post study work)
dependents of migrants who have leave in points-based system categories - form PBS (Dependant)
transfer of conditions for individuals who have LTR under the points-based system - form NTLTOC

So I dont think HSMP(General) /TierOne extn are allowed, though I wish they were there. At some extra fees peace of mind and also passport back should you have travel plans.

golu

Post by golu » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 pm

I am trying to get in touch with the PEO guys to find out if they can provide me an appointment for visa extension..the news link quite clearly says that tier 1 is now available on premium basis, lets hope for our sake, none of us fancy spending two nervous months waiting for the passport eh ??

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Tier 1 applicant can apply for in person service but not HSMP holders for extension!! does it make sence or not? it needs more checking for the initial Tier 1 applicant more than Extension applicants. Because Extension applicants already got the point once where as the new applicant didn't do so. so in general, new applicant needs more checking!! ANOTHER TYPICAL HO USELESS LAW!!!

golu

Post by golu » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Nion,
so you reckon the premium service is available for those applying first time and not for the extension ?

I hope thats not the case else it will confirm my belief that those who run the immigration are either without brains or like to see how people react to weird rules or probably both.....

I am really failing to comprehend, shouldnt it be otherwise ? Premium service for extension cases only :S

nksg

Post by nksg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:30 pm

can someone please.. call UKBA and conform.. i am not doing it as i dont need it.. but would surely appericiate update from some one who actually calles. it will help others.....

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 pm

golu wrote:Nion,
so you reckon the premium service is available for those applying first time and not for the extension ?

I hope thats not the case else it will confirm my belief that those who run the immigration are either without brains or like to see how people react to weird rules or probably both.....

I am really failing to comprehend, shouldnt it be otherwise ? Premium service for extension cases only :S
unfortunately this is the case. and it clarify that HO is a bunch of crap without having simple common sence.
here is the link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... tavailable/

a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant.

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 am

I called them today to book an appointment for the permium service.. I told them that I am a HSMP visa holder (non JR) and wish for an extension under Tier1.. they asked my visa expiry date, name, etc and put me on hold to check available appos.. got an appo in the last week of April..

can anybody who wish to apply for extension (from HSMP) call them up and update this thread with the conversation they have? if slots are not available, stress on getting the confirmation on the availability of this service for HSMP visa extn under Tier1.. so that u can try again later..

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 am

debz wrote:I called them today to book an appointment for the permium service.. I told them that I am a HSMP visa holder (non JR) and wish for an extension under Tier1.. they asked my visa expiry date, name, etc and put me on hold to check available appos.. got an appo in the last week of April..

can anybody who wish to apply for extension (from HSMP) call them up and update this thread with the conversation they have? if slots are not available, stress on getting the confirmation on the availability of this service for HSMP visa extn under Tier1.. so that u can try again later..
very good news debz. but how come they are giving appointments where as in their guidlines it says they can't? :

a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant

maheshnair
BANNED

WRONG INFO

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

nionlight wrote:
debz wrote:I called them today to book an appointment for the permium service.. I told them that I am a HSMP visa holder (non JR) and wish for an extension under Tier1.. they asked my visa expiry date, name, etc and put me on hold to check available appos.. got an appo in the last week of April..

very good news debz. but how come they are giving appointments where as in their guidlines it says they can't? :

a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant

HI GUYS ,

HO is not yet updated their website . i called them up and they said that is OLD NEWS .

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:05 am

@ nionlight.

Yes.. i read the thread after booking the appi.. nd was confused :shock:

why dont any of u willing to use this service call them and find out.. nd then update this thread..

my husband too called them (this morning) to book his appo for extn.. he is also going to apply independantly but unfortunately he did not get any available slots..

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:07 am

thanks Maheshnair.. i got bit worried reading this thread.. as i have booked an appo in Birmingham (have to travel from London for this ) :cry:

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 am

but the fees is likely to be bit high (fees not yet confirmed.. under proposal.. as confirmed to me by the helpline agent).. most likely to be more than 1000 GBP..

as told to me, it may not be a one day service.. if the caseworker needs further verification/analysis, he/she will keep the application and post it later (as it happens in postal applications)..

no cash accepted as fees.. mode of payment remains same..

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Debz
dint you get any appointment in london ?

and when does ur visa expire ? mine expires on 18th june, will they give me an appointment ?

Let me know please when you come to find out wat the fees is..

thanks

Golu

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:58 pm

nope.. i did not get any appo in Croydon.. my visa will expire on 23rd May and the appo I got is on the last week of April.. so, I will be left with less than a month in hand..

will update u once I get to know abt the fees.. the helpline agent told me that the new fees will be announced in their website..