ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completing VAF5 - EEA FAmily Permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ignatius
Newly Registered

Completing VAF5 - EEA FAmily Permit

Post by ignatius » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 am

Hi all

I did a search but didnt find anything so here goes:

I have recently qualified for permanent residence as my wife is an EU national. I was in the process of submitting the EEA4 but I now need to travel home for a couple of weeks.

I am a visa national so now I need to apply for a Family Permit (VAF5) to enable me to return to the UK.

HOWEVER, I am slightly confused about the first few questions on the form.

It says
* How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
*On which date will you leave the UK?

Obviously because i qualify for permanent residence i was planning on staying for 3 years or more. BUT this permit is only valid for 6 months? If I answer 3 years wont the permit be refused?

Do I simply answer that I will stay 6 months until my permanent residence status is confirmed?

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for any feedback

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 am

Don't you have a valid residence permit? In that case you wouldn't need a family permit.

If you really need to apply for the family permit just answer "permanently" to the first question and "N/A" to the second. Write a cover letter explaining your situation.

ignatius
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

86ti wrote:Don't you have a valid residence permit? In that case you wouldn't need a family permit.

If you really need to apply for the family permit just answer "permanently" to the first question and "N/A" to the second. Write a cover letter explaining your situation.
My residence permit was for 5 years which ended a few months ago. So it is 'expired' . Unfortunately getting the new one takes forever.

Answering 'permanently' and 'N/A' makes sense. Will probably do that.

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 pm

ignatius wrote:
86ti wrote:Don't you have a valid residence permit? In that case you wouldn't need a family permit.

My residence permit was for 5 years which ended a few months ago. So it is 'expired' . Unfortunately getting the new one takes forever.

Answering 'permanently' and 'N/A' makes sense. Will probably do that.

Thanks
"Indefinitely" is a good one as well! :)