ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

m desperate wid so called new rule........

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gonecrazy
Newly Registered

m desperate wid so called new rule........

Post by gonecrazy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 am

hi all

i m in dire strait rite now. i just completed a post graduate diploma n wanted to apply 4 psw. but i needed 2 apply pws in mid april coz my visa expires in 30 april and i need the time till mid april to apply coz my maintainence fund wasn't gud (just around 400£) in early jan but then from mid jan it's been maintained well around 950£ on average. so dat's why i had planned 2 apply in mid april but the news abt new rule coming dis april 1 which says dose students completing 'post graduate diploma' r not allowed 4 psw visa had made me go crazy literally. .......
here i ask ur help. now which situation gives me more chance at getting visa extesnion?
a. one is going 4 psw on march even though my 3 month maintainance fund wouldn't be upto the mark in the first few weeks???
b. other is getting admitted in any other course (can dat be post graduate again?? or should be masters level ??) in any other college as no uni has any of their gud courses starting in march and going 4 student visa again???

can any1 plz help me wid honest n viable suggestions??? m a desperado rite now..........no.. not antonio banderas though.......hohoho...humor keeps u going at such times...isn't it??

cheers............

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Dont apply if you dont meet maintainance fund. waste of time and big risk. Seen many cases. All rejected.

Try looking for money held in your name in account overseas, peobably your family, predating january. if you have then apply. Even if not there are still chances that the new rules may not affect applicants who are making application from withing ocountry. i.e. switching. Get in tocuh with Ben White at Home Office policy and ask him.

follow this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4&start=80

gonecrazy
Newly Registered

Post by gonecrazy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:05 pm

thnkx confusedhsmp.....i'll b keeping on eye on d thread u provided. tried calling mr ben...but in vain.....

RippedOff
Newly Registered

Re: m desperate wid so called new rule........

Post by RippedOff » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:32 pm

gonecrazy wrote:hi all

i m in dire strait rite now. i just completed a post graduate diploma n wanted to apply 4 psw. but i needed 2 apply pws in mid april coz my visa expires in 30 april and i need the time till mid april to apply coz my maintainence fund wasn't gud (just around 400£) in early jan but then from mid jan it's been maintained well around 950£ on average. so dat's why i had planned 2 apply in mid april but the news abt new rule coming dis april 1 which says dose students completing 'post graduate diploma' r not allowed 4 psw visa had made me go crazy literally. .......
here i ask ur help. now which situation gives me more chance at getting visa extesnion?
a. one is going 4 psw on march even though my 3 month maintainance fund wouldn't be upto the mark in the first few weeks???
b. other is getting admitted in any other course (can dat be post graduate again?? or should be masters level ??) in any other college as no uni has any of their gud courses starting in march and going 4 student visa again???

can any1 plz help me wid honest n viable suggestions??? m a desperado rite now..........no.. not antonio banderas though.......hohoho...humor keeps u going at such times...isn't it??

cheers............
You don't have to consult anyone. It is abundantly clear that if you apply after March you will not qualify(Home Office gives no leniency!) Here are my suggestions to you(all risky).

Go ahead and apply. Make sure that the Home Office cannot fail you on any other aspect except for maintenance.

When you inevitably get the rejection(unless a miracle happens, i do believe in miracles, didn't happen in my case though!) then appeal. I have read on another forum that the judge allowed the appeal.... because the applicant showed that he had met the requirements by the appeal date

Second option: Just as risky! Write a covering letter with your application. Say that you are going to send some supporting documents for maintenance that you do not have YET Yeah yeah you are not supposed to include any letter, but whatever. It has worked for some people.(I really should have tried this one, oh well) Your application is not processed immediately it is received(although the money goes on the first day!huh) so get the relevant address of the home office, AS SOON AS you get your new statements send them with the reference number given to you by the Home office for your application, and hope for the best...actually if the worst happens in this case you should win the appeal on the merit that you made every effort to fulfil the reqiirements but were still refused(as the Home Office is prone to do.) THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. But from other immigration forums it has worked for some people. How much are you willing to risk?

All the best.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:36 pm

The adivce given above is not recomended. You will risk everything.

Better to get in touch with HO and clarify. Dont apply until you have proepr maintaince and risk deportation, which some poeple want in this forum.

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:23 pm

You don't have to consult anyone. It is abundantly clear that if you apply after March you will not qualify(Home Office gives no leniency!) Here are my suggestions to you(all risky).

Go ahead and apply. Make sure that the Home Office cannot fail you on any other aspect except for maintenance.

When you inevitably get the rejection(unless a miracle happens, i do believe in miracles, didn't happen in my case though!) then appeal. I have read on another forum that the judge allowed the appeal.... because the applicant showed that he had met the requirements by the appeal date

Second option: Just as risky! Write a covering letter with your application. Say that you are going to send some supporting documents for maintenance that you do not have YET Yeah yeah you are not supposed to include any letter, but whatever. It has worked for some people.(I really should have tried this one, oh well) Your application is not processed immediately it is received(although the money goes on the first day!huh) so get the relevant address of the home office, AS SOON AS you get your new statements send them with the reference number given to you by the Home office for your application, and hope for the best...actually if the worst happens in this case you should win the appeal on the merit that you made every effort to fulfil the reqiirements but were still refused(as the Home Office is prone to do.) THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. But from other immigration forums it has worked for some people. How much are you willing to risk?

All the best.[/quote]
  • what i think is that don't take any risk. for sure you know that you won't get it. better go for master course.
    ho refuse pupil even for £1 down for a moment from 800.
    don't expect miracle.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:46 pm

RippedOff wrote:
gonecrazy wrote:hi all

cheers............

All the best.
The point is that he/she will not have met the requirements at the time of application, and an appeal will be pointless. I think sending in such an application would only be a waste of £750 plus the cost of any appeal afterwards.

RippedOff
Newly Registered

Post by RippedOff » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 am

confusedhsmp wrote:The adivce given above is not recomended. You will risk everything.

Better to get in touch with HO and clarify. Dont apply until you have proepr maintaince and risk deportation, which some poeple want in this forum.
I really hope you are not referring to me with the statement "wanting people to risk deportation." I applied knowing fully well I had not met the unfair maintenace requirements(I was short one month for less that £20). I got the refusal, and I am reapplying/appealing! So you expect the OP to lose the chance of a 2 year working visa? I have said that it worked for some people. If he appllies before his visa expires, he will be legal up to the point of appealing the refusal decision! How is he risking deportation? Or is now a crime to send an application to buy yourself some time? At the end of the day, it depends on how badly the OP wants to stay in the UK. I could have gone home right after the refusal without appealing, but I wasn't going to lose all I had struggled for (A GOOD JOB).

In addition, people have been successful in appeals where they could show they would have met the requirements by the appeal date! With an appeal there is nothing to lose....you are not penalized for appealing, so why not try your luck?

And ringing the "UKBA" helpline will not help, they are known for giving dangerous advice. This is a FACT.

It is his choice.